"Sensor" Bar Doesnt Really Sence At All

PAStAMAAAN

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
Wii Online Code
1084-0432-1596-6159
"Apparently some enterprising hax0rs tore apart their Wii sensor bar, only to find a couple of standard IR emitters. It turns out the "sensor" bar doesn't actually sense at all, it just sends out a pair of IR beams which can then be triangulated by the Wiimote."

Wii sensor bar hax0red - Engadget

it's awesome, the sensor bar is actually wireless... put two standard remotes uder your tv, and have a friend repeatedly tap buttons on it, then move your Wiimote and it will show up on the screen

:lol: if the sensor bar does what we all want it to do, who cares if what's in it is really simple? Though I don't have a clue what "a pair of IR beams' are, but its being said that its crap, all I know is that as far as I know, it does what its meant to do :)

pizzaluvr said:
what this means is that it will be easy to mod, possibly making a wireless one for people with projectors etc.

And? We already know that a third party company is working on a wireless one. I don't remember who it was, mad catz or someone like that.

Wiired said:
:lol: if the sensor bar does what we all want it to do, who cares if what's in it is really simple? Though I don't have a clue what "a pair of IR beams' are, but its being said that its crap, all I know is that as far as I know, it does what its meant to do :)
Well said mate

you can mod your own... haven't you learned anything!

the only problem you might have is figuring out which contact on the "sensor bar" is + amd which is -, you could just use a battery and some wire

Back