Shall I buy a Wii or save up for a Ps3?

bob11

WiiChat Member
Oct 12, 2007
Shall I buy a Wii or save up for a PS3?
Sorry if this is a vague question
Thanks Bob

depends on the games you want to play. Both PS3 and Wii are just a piece of hardware, without the games, it can do nothing.

What is most important to you in your gaming life?

Is cost an issue?

Do you care about having Blu-ray or not?

What type of games are you most interested in?

If you can answer those questions then you should be part way towards making the decision for yourself.

I love my Wii.

I love the style of games that appear on Nintendo systems and am not too bothered about having realistic graphics. Blu-ray? Don't care either way at the moment. Cost? I cannot justify spending £400 on a games console.

I found out that my Wii was a Wii-aist of money, and my PS3 was not. But thats just me. I enjoy the games on the PS3 much more than the wii, as they (wii) tend to get old fast and the graphical quality is not much better than that of my game cube. The PS3 has also kept me entertained with all its features and ps2/dvd upscaling.

My advice would be to get a ps3, enjoy the free online content and gaming for replay value and then maybe try out a wii for awhile. Then again, thats just me. I dont know what your personal taste in gaming is.

Thanks for your replies. I've had a think about what you've all said.
I think what I really want to know is the following if anyone can advise...

Can you download previews of games to try out on the Wii from the internet before you buy them?

Do the handsets take batteries? If so are they rechargable?

Will a Wii help me get fit!

I used to have a SNES and used to love the Supermarioworld games. Can these be played on a normal handset?

Finally are there a lot of extras to buy as I understand everything you need is included in the PS3 pack

Sorry theres so many questions

Thanks again

ok

u cant play previews (yet as a demo channel has been announced but i myself dont know much about it at all)

yes hansets take batteries , u can get a charge station that will charge from ur wii via usb

wii fit will be out early next yeay i think

you can play some retro games inc nes/snes mario with wiimote or gamecube or classic controller

not sure what extras u need but you might need a lan adapter if u dont want to connect wireleesly

Thanks for answering my questions! Much appreciated:)

I have a wii and love it. However I plan to buy a PS3 at some point within the next year.
Its the way to go, and the best bet of the current three consoles for the future.
Also, with the new cheaper version of the PS3 available, you can't go wrong!

dchao said:
depends on the games you want to play. Both PS3 and Wii are just a piece of hardware, without the games, it can do nothing.

Best advice so far.

It's simple really - are there games *exclusive* to either platform that you specifically want to play? For us, we specifically wanted to play Zelda and all the Mario variants (Party, Paper, Galaxy). That means a Wii, period.

If there were games available on both platforms that we were interested in (like Madden for instance), I'm sure we pick the better implementation, which would likely be the PS3 (or 360 for that matter).

If there were PS3 exclusives we wanted to play, then a PS3, no question.

At the end of the day, the extra features of the PS3 don't mean a heck of a lot to us (talking non-game related "media" type features).

When the next Resident Evil and Silent Hill get released - since the horror/survival genre is our favorite - we'll pick the platform they're exclusive to, or the best platform if they're released multi-format!

~DT

I would get a ps3. I am getting one in the very near future, and thus far have been disappointed by my Wii and its lack of games that aren't made for a 5 year old. Plus, PS3 exclusives >>>>>>> Nintendo exclusives, imo.

get a wii, mario galaxy is coming out, super smash bros, RE4, metroid prime 3. theres alot of great games out or coming out.

Monster hunter 3 is coming out for wii was PS3 exclusive...

and WII exclusives are >>>>>than PS3 exclusives. =D

Nintendo announced they plan no price drop in the near future. Pair this off with the delay of SSBB you may want to wait. Also if you were like my friends, good luck finding one even now. Buy the 360, because it's been out longer and has far more games. If price is a big deal give this whole thing another year and play more of the PS2. I'm still playing FF12, and the game is great! Of coarse I'm also addicted to VC, which is evil. Since the games are sooo cheap I often get one every other week.

Honestly. remember, im being completely truthful. ONe of my friends has a PS3 , i have a wii, and another has a 360. ive played the PS3 numerous times, along with the 360. I have to say that the wii is the best. (for me anyways.) a close 2nd would be 360. First reason wii and 360 are better is because virtually EVERY game you can get on PS3 comes out on 360, also it generally comes out on 360 EARLIER. Second reason is that the PS3 is overpriced, and can buy almost 2 wiis with that money. Dont be fooled by biased gamers. Wii is a great experience with multiple great upcoming games. SSBB, BWii, Mario and sonic at the olympics, GUITAR HERO 3!!! wii rules over all (360's a close second)

i had the same question last christmas......and i finally got a wii since it seemed so impressive.......and it was!!! It's the best of all three, with many great games coming to it.....

remember we are looking for fun-entertainment, also exercise, not for graphics or a way to waste money.... ;)

Back