Should I get it?

Elfman

Nintendo Nerd
Jul 1, 2007
Reykjavik, Iceland
Wii Online Code
0999-0322-0469-1717
Well, I am a big Mario (and Nintendo) fan, and I love Mario in 2d especially.... but I don't like RPG games!
I've seen videos from this game and I think it looks fantastic!
But still I don't like rpgs, is this game really much of a rpg game?

its like 2D mario but there is stuff you have to do a long the way. its like 2D mario but 2D & 3D except with cool twists. i think a yes:yesnod:

I WOuld Get It... It's Not Turn-Based Like The Other Ones, Especially When You Got A Butt-Load Of Enemies In One Room.

It looks like a fun game just by watching it, but I haven't personally played it. I like the idea of Mario being a piece of paper because it looks funny. Have a look at game reviews and screen shots and see what you think. www.IGN.com could help you see the ratings and release dates to games along with reviews and screenshots. Have a peek at it :).

Last edited:
The game is very well written, it has clever witty puzzles that make you all warm and fuzzy when you solve one. I think it's a bit short, but none the less fun.

Yes I would get it its my second favorite game out for the wii right now. It only took me about 20 hours to beat counting the pit of 100 trials in flip and flopside. So it is a little short but there are a lot of recipes and cards to collect when you finish.

Really? Is it all that much of an RPG? Cos I hated Paper Mario 64 because it was a rpg.

Elfman said:
Really? Is it all that much of an RPG? Cos I hated Paper Mario 64 because it was a rpg.

It is a lot different than the first paper mario. You don't have turn based attacking and you don't have to do much traveling other than to place the pure hearts after u defeat a level.

the original paper mario games were better then this but this game is pretty good i recommend it

I've finished the game and personally did not enjoy it very much. At first, it was fun and exciting to have a whole other dimension at your dispense, but the novelty wears off fast.

That being said, the game starts off at a very slow pace, gets faster (and better) once you unlock more pixls and characters, but near the end (after world 6 for me) it felt like I was doing a chore playing the game. I played just for the sake of finishing the game, not because I wanted to.

There's a ton of text that is just BRUTAL sometimes especially when you want to jump into the game.. there have been times where I lost interest by the time the text stopped (seriously, sometimes 2-3 minutes of just pressing 2 to keep the text scrolling).

I would recommend you rent it for a week if you can (a few days may not be enough). That's just my personal opinion though, and the majority of others feel the opposite.

Last edited:
I've been looking into getting this game, and I have asked the same quesition in another thread.

I'm also wondering if I should get this game.

So what are the ups and downs in the game? (please don't include too short or too easy)

Good:
Has a few sidequests.
8 Chapters
4 characters to play as.
10 or more pixls. ( Kind of like partners..)
Fun bosses.
Good Plot/Storyline
Good Replay

Bad:
Chapter 7 is a little boring sometimes...
No "normal" partners.
No more badges from PM64/PM2

So far I it is my favorite Wii game, and I would recommend it.

Back