Should I move out?

sherwood3570

infused
May 20, 2007
Michigan
Wii Online Code
1830-2062-7374-0757
So my girlfriend and my buddy have been pressuring me for the past few months about moving out into an apartment. So we found one, checked it out today, got the applications. I guess we had to fill them out right away and turn them, so I did.

The rent is around $280 per month, with four people, which were going to have. The house is huge, three stories. It's a little retro though, but it's right next to my university. I currently don't have a job becuase I'm so busy at school but I have a lot of money from loans. I can get a job for the weekend and that should cover rent.

I'm just wondering if I'm ready, my mom just built a brand new house. It's a pretty damn nice house too, it's big, comes with a fire place and all that jazz, everythings free! Food, whatever I need, besides gas and stuff. I'm almost 20 and a lot of people my age have already moved out. So I'm wondering what the hell I should do. My gf doesn't like living at home anymore and she wants to move out, while I'm semi-content with living at home.

I don't like to listen to my mom complain about my messy room or my clothes on the floor anymore!

Suggestions please...:idea:

Thats So Cheap!!!!!!!!! Doitdoitdoitdoit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaawww Soooooooo Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!!!!!!!! Just so you know I live in a rich city.

move out. you wont have to listen to your moms nagging anymore. it'll be worth it. good luck with your decision.

If you think you'll be able to manage financially I'd go for it, best to keep the GF happy in my book. Being close to the university is pretty convenient, sounds like a good find. :)

I suggest actually getting that job before moving, as you will find that on your own you don't cash checks that you don't have. Speaking of checks, your best bet is to focus on school and not worry about an income too if you have that luxury, and utilize your weekends for having fun and the optional study time for things like mid-terms. Also consider that the less time you have to spend with your girlfriend the more strain it could put between you guys, and if you really care about her you'd think about that.

Something that most people don't realize is that you don't TRULY know a person until you've lived with them, so you will be taking some level of a gamble. I'm sure that going back home will remain an option if things don't work out however why take the risk of screwing that up? I say worry about finishing school and take advantage of how good you've got it, so many don't have the option of being able to live at home and attend school, and either have to settle for a dorm or forced to deal with living expenses.

I know the glamor for most is overwhelming, and the fact you want to live under the same roof as your girl is alluring, however renting a room on the weekend from time to time to spend quality time together is much more applicable when bills such as rent, utilities, telephone, automobile expenses, food, etc. are out of the way. By the way, did you consider those expenses as well?

Really think about it before you jump, as it is a lot easier to get into the pool than it is to get out of it.

I suggest you stick living with your mom until you can afford a place on your own without having to rely on money loans. Also assuming you currently aren't working I would wait until you have a decent part time job before moving out of your house. As mentioned above you have to realize that if you do plan on moving out you will also have to chip in for various bills and basic necessities such as food etc.

loans dont last long dude and money just dissapears when you spend all of your time having fun with your friends ,
also u will find things about your mates that will annoy you just as much as ur mom does !

I moved in with some pals a few years back and was a big mistake for me but its up to you dude , if you think u could put up with ur pals 7 days a wk and you feel u r financialy secure enough then do it

lessons learned by experience is more important than not learning from mistakes you never made

Back