Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riviet said:
How many hours of sleep do you currently get on average?

What time of day do you sleep?

How many hours of sleep would you like to get?

How many hours of sleep do you think a person should get?

Do you think sleep is important? Why/why not?

Does it take you long to fall asleep?

Are you a deep sleeper?

What are your favourite places to sleep?

Can you/have you fall asleep whilst on a plane?

Can you/have you fell asleep whilst at the cinema?

Do you take siestas or naps during the day?

[NEW] Do you dream often?

[NEW] What have you dreamed of?

11:30pm to 8:00am is the usual. Different people need different amounts of sleep - some as few as 5 hours and some as many as 12. Sleep is very important - I'm sure most of you have done some all nighters studying or playing games, and I always feel like a mess after one of these. It can take me long to get to sleep depending on when I took my medication. Because of the meds I'm a fairly deep sleeper. I usually sleep in bed but if it's too hot I'll move down to the couch. I never fell asleep on a plane or movie theatre - it would be one long plane trip or one very stupid movie (some chick flick) before I could. I do take naps but for the most part I'm just resting my eyes for 20 mins a day.

I have the craziest dreams. sometimes I start levitating and wind starts to blow me around in the air. Other times it's like I'm in a sci-fi movie - there will be a spacecraft or submarine and I'm on some quest to fight evil. Once and a while an old girlfriend will pop in and the dream will turn into a R or X rated thing. I guess that my daily life is so dull that my mind needs to break out some crazy fantasies at night.

Has anyone else dreamt of flying through the air like superman? I hope I'm not the only one ...

skidmarx said:
Has anyone else dreamt of flying through the air like superman? I hope I'm not the only one ...
When I was younger I did, and I must say, it was such an amazing dream. It wasn't anything special as a dream. I was having some sort of family gathering (I was about 10 at the time), and then I went out in the garden just before the sun set and just started flying around and above my shed, was so cool! Haha, seeing everything in a new light :) If only you could choose your dreams, I would def. recommend dreaming it :p

lucid dreams feel useless to me.....If I'm gonna control where I am, I'd rather do something in RL. :/

How many hours of sleep do you currently get on average? About 3 every 2 days when I'm at college.

What time of day do you sleep? Any.

How many hours of sleep would you like to get? Enough to where theres not a bad feeling in my chest.

How many hours of sleep do you think a person should get? About 8.

Do you think sleep is important? Why/why not? Depends on who it is and how well they deal with/without it.

Does it take you long to fall asleep? Nope

Are you a deep sleeper? I wake up if someone walks in my direction.

What are your favourite places to sleep? Bed.

Can you/have you fall asleep whilst on a plane? Yeah I can.

Can you/have you fell asleep whilst at the cinema? Yep I can.

Do you take siestas or naps during the day? Sometimes.

Do you dream often? Everynow and then.

What have you dreamed of? They're often nightmares.

I heard that the only dreams you remember when you sleep are the ones you don't finish.

Wiired said:
Makes sense, but how do you know when a dream has ended? No scrolling message to say Fin. here. Brain melt tbh.

Actually it does say Fin. everytime you finish a dream.
You didn't know that?

How many hours of sleep do you currently get on average? 7-9 hours

What time of day do you sleep? only after 2300

How many hours of sleep would you like to get? 12

How many hours of sleep do you think a person should get? 9

Do you think sleep is important? Why/why not? Because without it you can't actually move =|

Does it take you long to fall asleep? About 2 hours

Are you a deep sleeper? Yes

What are your favourite places to sleep? A Bed

Can you/have you fall asleep whilst on a plane? Once

Can you/have you fell asleep whilst at the cinema? No

Do you take siestas or naps during the day? I can't... it's weird.

Do you dream often? I have no dreams, my REM cycle is wayy out of my sleep cycle

What have you dreamed of? Very strange things... a spider in a sponge, falling down a pit with no skin, snoopy, a circular piano/organ and Zombie plague... are the most memorable ones... :eek:ut:

Wiired said:
but how do you know when a dream has ended?
When you wake up? It's kind of hard as most dreams you don't remember and you aren't aware of it ending in your sleep.

Probably about seven.
Depends when. When I don't have school the next day I usually sleep from 3 AM - 11 AM But when I do have school I usually sleep from 10 PM - 5 AM
IDK. I would like to sleep less so I can get more done.
IDK, whatever they want.
Yes, because you can't live without it. I wish you could though, because I hate sleeping.
Yes, especially when it is hot.
Are you a deep sleeper?
Yes.
Umm...In a bed?
Well I have only been on a plane twice, when I went to Alaska. It was summer then and in Alaska during the summer there was only three hours of night so I got very little sleep the whole week and the first time I got a lot of darkness was on the plane on the way back so I slept for an hour or so.
No.
No, I can't sleep unless it is dark.
Do you dream often?
Not anymore.
What have you dreamed of?
Depends.

Riviet said:
When you wake up? It's kind of hard as most dreams you don't remember and you aren't aware of it ending in your sleep.

=| you actually have about 10-16 dreams a night... depending on how long the sleep is for and how long each REM cycle is

I always wake up during the REM cycle... so i can't remember any dreams =/

(REM cycle is period during sleep where events from the previous day are analysed by the brain and un-important facts, etc are deleted. - No dreaming)

Sleep is very important. Without it you can't digest food and therefore die =/

Well, it's usually something low because I start to sleep so late, and if I have to get up of a morning, probably 4 or 5 hours sleep. However, now I get a lot of time off meaning I have about 12 hours sleep a night because I am in deep REM most of the time.

Day, eh? Nah, I usually go to bed at 1 or 2 o'clock, if Ii had to get up early, then I'd still manage to stretch it to 1 or 2 o'clock, I'd just sadly wake up at about 5pm...

Of course, it keeps us what we are. It makes us dream and obviously revives the stress of the day. Well, people like to sleep, they're in their own world for once, where they could create anything they ever wanted. Who wouldn't want to break away from reality for a few hours?

Oh my God yes.

Are you a deep sleeper?

You bet I am.

In a bed, but I can fall asleep on my recliner couch if I was really tired. I actually hate my bed and prefer my mum's because it's too hard, so, anywhere soft.

I've never been on a plane.

No, I try to get involved with the story and give movies the benefit of the doubt seeing if they might get interesting, then there's the noise issue, I can't sleep with noise.

No, I'd end up falling into a deep sleep.

Do you dream often?

Yep.

What have you dreamed of?

Last night I was the captain of the men's Canadian hockey team in the Olympics versing Sweden at the final, we won, and everyone looked like Mr Game & Watch. To get things straight: I am not a man, or canadian, and I don't play hockey.

=)

I go to bed around 11ish usually

10?

Yes

Ages >.<

Are you a deep sleeper?

Nope

My bed in my fathers house, or Jays bed ^_^ I tend to have naps there on a Friday afternoon while he plays the wii or 360 lol

Yep, I love it :D

Nope

Only if I've had a really long day or didn't get much sleep in the night

[NEW] Do you dream often?

I think so

[NEW] What have you dreamed of?

Lots, Jays died in a lot of them..

I tend to have a lot of reoccurring dreams, like this one where I have to be some solider type person and there's like this main building thing which is in shape of a big dragon and the boss is John Cleese who is like King Arthur... :/

How many hours of sleep do you currently get on average? 12+ in summer during school year of if I work 5-7

What time of day do you sleep? 5 AM

How many hours of sleep would you like to get? 7-8

How many hours of sleep do you think a person should get? 8

Do you think sleep is important? Why/why not? Yes if you don't its harder to concentrate on day to day things.

Does it take you long to fall asleep? ometimes depends on how tired I am

Are you a deep sleeper? yes

What are your favourite places to sleep? couch, bed, floor

Can you/have you fall asleep whilst on a plane? never been on a plane

Can you/have you fell asleep whilst at the cinema? no

Do you take siestas or naps during the day? Only if I'm really tired

[NEW] Do you dream often? I do but I don't remeber

[NEW] What have you dreamed of? Lots of diffrent stuff but I like nightmares

Hate To Break It To You But I Did A Thread Like This A While Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back