Smash Bros Brawl Sexist?

Mingus

Any Mingus Tea?
Aug 21, 2007
Dayton, Ohio
I was just considering something interesting. I just watched the new update. Now let's say some feminist crazed mom is watching there kid play this game. And she sees that, most obviously the "Man" must save the "Women" and he gets to choose which one. Well I'm not sure if any one has seen our bureaucratic world lately but people have been real douche bags recently. I could just see one person being really stupid about the whole thing.

Last edited:
so. because two PRINCESSES are kidnapped. and you can only save one in time. that means smashbros is sexist. which later on in the game you'll prob save the other too?

Which is exactly the point in which I'm trying to make. But some idiot is going to make a big deal about it. People are just really stupid about things nowadays

? I could probably think of 10 more games that are more Sexist. BTW thats how it's always been. The man saving the girl. I'm not saying girls dont have power but thats how games and movies will be based on. Sorry to birst your bubble there.

Fire Flower said:
BTW thats how it's always been. The man saving the girl. I'm not saying girls dont have power

And I applied you. I'm making more of a point out of how ridiculous it is that that is even a possibility. I mean, just look at your comment above. You made sure to state what you meant just to make there were no problems. Which I think you honestly shouldn't have too.

Mingus said:
I was just considering something interesting. I just watched the new update. Now let's say some feminist crazed mom is watching there kid play this game. And she she's that, most likely "Man" must save the "Women" and he gets to choose which one. Well I'm not sure if any one has seen our bureaucratic world lately but people have been real douche bags recently. I could just see one being really stupid about the whole.

What if you play the game as Peach or Zelda and kick everyone's ass:scared:

They are playable charecters.

i just dont understand how brawl can be sexist. it dosent make sense.

Man, you guys have to pay attention, it's not really. But someone in their own universe would probably find something wrong with it. which is the main point.

So what you're trying to say, is you're getting wound up about your preconcieved ideas about someone else getting wound up about their preconceived ideas of how a game that includes various (and potentially quite a few) female characters can still be seen as sexist?

You have no idea of what feminism is about.

Considerably more games are far worst. You were missing the point about the issue relating to our overly Bureacratic society, which was the main point to my statement. I was making the relation between the problem and SSBB because something so small and insignifacant as that video or scene in the game could cause problems with certain women. There lies the true meaning behind my thread. I mean, think about just recently, some man ordered a sandwhich from McDonalds with the works as he said. He got sick because he was allergic to the cheese and sued. He never once requested no cheese on the sandwhich or said anything about being allergic to it. But yet he tried to sue them. He justified it by logic I don't even understand. Someone could do the same thing here or with any other game.

I completely understand what you are talking about, I just think that, until (if it even does) it happens, it should just be left and not thought about. Some people may think that you're saying it could be sexist, when I know you're not. So I think that this should just be left until some ***** actually tries to get Brawl banned for being sexist, like the woman moaning about Resi Evil 5 being racist.

Mingus said:
Considerably more games are far worst. You were missing the point about the issue relating to our overly Bureacratic society, which was the main point to my statement. I was making the relation between the problem and SSBB because something so small and insignifacant as that video or scene in the game could cause problems with certain women. There lies the true meaning behind my thread. I mean, think about just recently, some man ordered a sandwhich from McDonalds with the works as he said. He got sick because he was allergic to the cheese and sued. He never once requested no cheese on the sandwhich or said anything about being allergic to it. But yet he tried to sue them. He justified it by logic I don't even understand. Someone could do the same thing here or with any other game.

Well then maybe "Smash Bros Brawl Sexist?" isn't exactly the title you should go with for the thread. If you're just using the game as an example then state that in your post as opposed to including it in the title, which makes people think it's the one and only game you're talking about.

Back