Sniper rifle only matches

rell

WiiChat Member
Feb 17, 2011
Cali
Just a thought, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sniper rifle only matches, or something like pistols only? I haven't put too much thought into it rules wise :frown5: lol, so I figured that's why we can use this thread as open discussion and suggestions on that. Maybe no secondary weapons with snipers, no primary weapon use with pistols only games. Use of smoke/flash bangs only vs no use of mines(since not everyone has those)

What do you guys think, yay!! Nay!! ??

Okay ready...set...GO! Discuss lol

Hell yay! Ive been wanting to see an all sniper match forever but it would be cool to use Palov or whatever (Dragonov) with suppressors. Pistols too but no high powered or autos. Or how about a match without anything but a pistol and melee - no gadgets, no explosives or attacments. I like the idea of everyone using the most crap weapons available. lol Love to see an Kalashnikov battle!

Cool, so uh.....who wants to host cause I cant lol.

Okay here is what I'm thinking

-You can use any sniper rifle you may choose that you have achieved to get.
-Thermals attachment or no?
-Suppressors are fine I think
-Smoke/flash/grenades only (no remote mines or proxies)
-No secondary weapons
-You can use light foot, heavy hitter, reactive armor etc.

Thoughts? what am I forgetting?

Cool, so uh.....who wants to host cause I cant lol.

Holy snap I was hosting the other day and experienced what you were talking about. Only as well as no sound my bullets seemed to go right through everyone. Ive never had host lag problems... Hopefully it was just a one time thing.

Any luck setting this up?... Seems like a real pain... 1st you would have to find a reasonable amount of people that can play at the same time. How about you pick a region and announce a time. Would that even work? Or would everyone have to be on your friend list and sent an invite?

Yeah that's the hard part, the friend code/invite system for this game and the Wii sucks really bad. Maybe they thought this game wouldn't be that big of an hit online so they skimmed out on things? Well whatever the reason is we gotta deal with it.

I was originally thinking everyone could just add each other and send invites out, I'm sure this would be easier to setup for a team conflict VS. doing a conflict with everyone against each other??? Besides yourself you can only invite 3 other people.

I was thinking maybe doing this on a weekend could work out for everyone interested. We are all on different time zones so I'm thinking working out a time should be the hardest part of it all.

Not sure what you mean by picking a region, does that mean we would all have a higher chance of meeting in the same lobby? This is the only game I play on the Wii online so I'm a little ignorant lol when it comes to setting this stuff up. This would be so pain free on PS3 or xbox lol. :sick:

Someone that has experience setting up clan matches needs to chime in on this discussion.

Well Ive heard talk of the region thing for this sort of game. You would have to set your Wii to a certain country in the Wii settings and then select the region only setting in game. Very few people play region only and if you picked a country with a tiny population and well, "3rd world" Id think we would *all* end up in the same game. Maybe...

If we did it this way we wouldn't have to do all the FC exchanges and invites, which should save a lot of trouble... Just pick a time, date and region and announce it and we can all set it up and hopefully it would work. If you want to try this out let me know when you will be on today and we can experiment.

Yeah what the person above me said will work.
I personally think silencers should be banned but thats my opinion.
Also we could have it round based:
Game1:No thermal
Game2:No silencer
Game3: Ect,ect

I think this could be really fun. It also is cool to see who's a good rusher while sniping.
The reason I say no silencers is because of campers. There'll always be that one noob hiding in the bushes or in a dark corner with their silencer makign it impossible to . I really am against that. With unsilenced guns, I think we can eliminate that. That occurs frequently in Memorial (Those tower and gray rooms) and Jungle (everywhere).
I think Proxy mines should not be allowed, but RTMs and Timed Mines are exceptable.
Also pistols shouldn't be allowed because this shows who's the best rusher sniper too.

Anyone have any thoughts about an only-no-scoping match? I have a montage up on that btw ([video=youtube;1fLG9FzXCtw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fLG9FzXCtw[/video])
I:in love:noscoping
<3

Known
lvl53
Dont got a fav sniper

I don't use the silencer much anyways so no biggie for me, I mostly use thermal on everything since I have gotten used to it.

How does a Saturday or Sunday sound? I can be on anytime really.

I'm on west coast so I'm pacific time zone, Any where from 1:00pm-9:00pm is good for me.

Back