So tell me why this is the best game ever

dreville

WiiChat Member
Mar 28, 2007
A good game, undoubtedly. Over Xbox live, great fun.
However points to make.

1. Single player. Too short yeah, but I know a lot of people who never finished the incredibly poor Halo 2 single player mode, rendering the Story pointless.

2. Gears of war had a great cover system, as has Stranglehold, Bungie should've updated the game so you could take cover, it's seems very dated.

I think personally Bungie knew Single player was gonna be nowhere near Bioshock. For me, it's nowhere near Stranglehold or The Darkness either.
Even though Stranglehold's short too, at least you can play that over and over as it's so fun and the gameplay holds it together, not the story.

It's a 9/10 game sure, but no way a revalation, and nowhere near the best games on 360. With Mass Effect, Mercenaries 2 and Army of Two just around the corner there's much more than this to get excited about.

ok what game has brought the world/letters fps as a household name? Which game has the most sucessful online games excluding the dying computer games? How about the pistol whip, who instated that feature in fps games? You're talking about gears of war, but tell me if Halo didn't come out, how good would gears of war be? they could never invent these features or even be noticed without the Halo series. Thats why it's the best game ever. Besides Red Faction started the fps system (using two analog sticks), or at least it was the first sucessful game in that genre and Halo reinvented it.

Err, I think you're forgetting Goldeneye bringing the word FPS to households, lol.

well halo is a revolution for the console FPS genre as always. Halo 1 gave dual analog control and a splitscreen/single player that was actually really good and fun for a FPS on a console. halo 2 gave online multiplayer that was unheard of (and still not matched even to this day by most games) for a console FPS. halo 3 gives us the ability to view our replays, save clips, take pics, then upload them/send them to ours friends. it also has the forge which is a map editor something not seen often on a console FPS.

cover systems are not for every game..adding a cover system greatly slows the speed down and frankly..isnt that realistic. how do you take cover on a wall invisible to the people in front of you and see a full 360 around your character? without cover systems if you want to see around a corner, you gotta peek around it, which is what you do. =/

The point of halo to the fans has always been the game play online.

Yes they will want the single player but for them halo was and always will be the definative XBOX LIVE experience.

No one buys it for the campaign mode...even though it is very cinematic.

I bought it having never played Halo in my life. It's AMAZING. I have been missing out. Playing with my friends is the greatest multiplayer experience I've ever had.

My point is this, yes it's great, multiplayer's fantastic.

BUT, if Rare released Goldeneye on Xbox live arcade, for me, I'd play it online above even Halo 3. Goldeneye remains, above any Halo, the most well designed, brilliantly structured multiplayer FPS that there's ever been.

Another thing about Halo, there's so many people online who are very, very good at it. I'll admit, FPS's aren't my favorite genre or my forte when it comes to gaming, and getting whipped every single game gets boring after a while. And changing the skill level match up doesn't make much difference.

And no all this isn't based on me being lame at Halo, lol. I just think Goldeneye even now stands up as the best in terms of design.

And by the way, Stranglehold, worst online shooter ever? Lmao. Almost makes me appreciate The Darkness online!

Halo is great. Don't start a flame war.
Jesus christ.

I mean yeah every game has it's flaws but it's not really comparable.
Because from what Halo 3 lacks in story it makes up in multiplayer online.

blueradio said:
Halo is great. Don't start a flame war.
Jesus christ.

I mean yeah every game has it's flaws but it's not really comparable.
Because from what Halo 3 lacks in story it makes up in multiplayer online.

No one's starting anything, it's a discussion, different points of views are pretty essential to discussions. Otherwise we'd all be yes men, and forums would be pointless.

why is a halo 3 thread on WII chat?!? isnt there a xbox chat site or something?!? but yes i reckon halo multiplayer is legendary, but theres other games out there that make up for the flaws halo has as well. but what i find annoying when im trying to watch videos on halo or mp3 on youtube all people do is swear and bag each other and act like 3 year olds, and it happens alot on wiichat as well. ps. im a wii fanboy, please rep me:'(

dark samus said:
why is a halo 3 thread on WII chat?!? isnt there a xbox chat site or something?!? but yes i reckon halo multiplayer is legendary, but theres other games out there that make up for the flaws halo has as well. but what i find annoying when im trying to watch videos on halo or mp3 on youtube all people do is swear and bag each other and act like 3 year olds, and it happens alot on wiichat as well. ps. im a wii fanboy, please rep me:'(

It is in the halo 3 section....

dark samus said:
why is a halo 3 thread on WII chat?!? isnt there a xbox chat site or something?!?

Actually there is a xbox chat site, owned by the same dude who owns this joint..

Just because it's a wii forum doesn't mean we're not allowed to talk about anything other than Nintendo consoles..

Certain games are good for certain things, every game can't include everything. Halo 3 is good for online play. It annoys me when I see people moaning that games haven't got everything.. games have their strengths and weaknesses if this makes sence. Oh and I'm not personally aiming this at you dreville79 =]

It's fine, I've had worse aimed at me :)

Don't get me wrong, Halo 3 is a brilliant online shooter and the rating system is second to none. But no game with such a rubbish single player campaign should be called the best game ever. And let's be honest, it doesn't even have a right to call itself a campaign it's so short and pointless. It's like the Matrix Revolutions of the gaming world!!

For me a game with everything has great single and multi player modes, as well as an interesting story that wouldn't be out of place in a film.

Examples:

Secret of Mana: 1-3 players, at times a heartbreaking story, a humorous and witty script.

Legend of the Mystical Ninja: 1-2 players, REALLY funny and had lots of great little japanese quirks for people around the world into their culture.

I personally think the developers of Rainbow Six and Halo should team up, put RS single player campaign and Halo's multiplayer together and that'd be something to queue up at midnight for!

4 of my friends pre ordered Halo 3 and three of them have already returned it. These are the same friends that played Halo 2 6 days a week over the entire summer. Overhype=Disappointment.

Points to Bring up:
1. Quit bringing up the series as a whole, this is Halo 3. Don't try to use Halo 1 or 2 to reinforce it by saying 'what game made FPS a global term' because it obviously was not Halo 3 (and its easily debatable whether it was a game in the Halo series or not).
2. ZOMG YOU CAN SAVE VIDEOS!! Wow, SSBB can do that too. Xbox just got pwnd by a console that doesn't even have a gig of memory xD

Back