So what is New in Wii since January?

Ozweego

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2006
I have been away from home on Business since January and havent played or thought about my Wii until tonight. I thought I would ask you guys what if anything is new these days. I know the news channel is up and working but other then that, I have no idea what has happened since the beginning of the new year.

Do we have online gaming yet, ie. multiplayer?
Is there a fix to adding friends, or do we still have to enter that huge stupid number?
Can we chat online to friends yet?
Is Zelda still the only game worth playing?
Are there new downloads that makes the Wii menu more fun?

Fill me in guys, would like to know if I am missing anything.

No
No, still with the stupid number
You can chat with friends after sharing numbers
pretty much
not really

Ozweego said:
I have been away from home on Business since January and havent played or thought about my Wii until tonight. I thought I would ask you guys what if anything is new these days. I know the news channel is up and working but other then that, I have no idea what has happened since the beginning of the new year.

Do we have online gaming yet, ie. multiplayer?
No.
Is there a fix to adding friends, or do we still have to enter that huge stupid number?
No you still have to use friend codes.
Can we chat online to friends yet?
No.
Is Zelda still the only game worth playing?
Yes.
Are there new downloads that makes the Wii menu more fun?
There is the everybody votes channel but its kinda dumb.
Fill me in guys, would like to know if I am missing anything.
Not much has happened.

Wow, so you got to miss all the disappointments? Check the IGN reviews to catch up. Lots of crappy games came out, lots of over hyped Ubisoft games flopped (quality wise). SSX and Medal of Honor are decent, and I hear Heat Seakers is good. Theres a couple new modchips out that work great. The first 'Mario and Sonic in one game' game is coming out next year. Thats all I can think of

Wario Ware:Smooth Moves is out, you should chek that one out, it's pretty fun, also there's Wii Play which has a bonus Wiimote inside, it's worth it just for that..you should download, TMNT for virtual console, Gunstar Heroes, and Contra 3, there's the Everybody Votes Channel and the Internet Browser, so be sure to download the Browser and update your console for the Everybody Votes. other games worth playing for the Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, TMNT, SSX Blur, and also upcoming games: Super Paper Mario, Mortal Kombat Armaggedon, etc. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics has been officially announced as well as NiGHTS Journey into Dreams both exclusively for Wii and Mario and Sonic also for DS.

Axtlar said:
Wario Ware:Smooth Moves is out, you should chek that one out, it's pretty fun, also there's Wii Play which has a bonus Wiimote inside, it's worth it just for that..you should download, TMNT for virtual console, Gunstar Heroes, and Contra 3, there's the Everybody Votes Channel and the Internet Browser, so be sure to download the Browser and update your console for the Everybody Votes. other games worth playing for the Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, TMNT, SSX Blur, and also upcoming games: Super Paper Mario, Mortal Kombat Armaggedon, etc. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics has been officially announced as well as NiGHTS Journey into Dreams both exclusively for Wii and Mario and Sonic also for DS.

Funny you mention Wario Ware, my brother got that for me for a late Christmas gift, althought I took it back. Looked kind of dumb to me. I am more into games rather then novelty gimics using the motion controller. Oh well, thats just me I guess. By the sounds of it I am not missing much. Thanks for the info guys

you can now vote on irrelevent subjects such as...which smells worse? dirty socks-bad breath...fun...

Back