Some Wii Online features not ready for launch

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
In a press release issued today, Nintendo have announced that many of the Wii's online features will not be available come this Sundays North American launch date.

These features include the forecast channel which will debut on Dec 20th, and the news channels which is slated for Jan 17th 2007.

The press release also suggests a delay in the Wii Opera browser with the passage, "more information about the availability of the browser will be released in the coming weeks."

Nintendo did however confirm that 12 Virtual Console games would be available on launch day, including Donkey Kong, SimCity, Super Mario 64, Sonic the Hedgehog and Bomberman '93.

The release also confirmed that new VC content would be released every Monday and established pricing for Genesis and Turbo-Grafx games at 800 points ($8) and 600 points ($6) respectively.

Press release
via Joystiq

Janurary 17th is like in 2 months, which is far away :(
I am disappointed :(:mad2:

i0n said:
In a press release issued today, Nintendo have announced that many of the Wii's online features will not be available come this Sundays North American launch date.

These features include the forecast channel which will debut on Dec 20th, and the news channels which is slated for Jan 17th 2007.

The press release also suggests a delay in the Wii Opera browser with the passage, "more information about the availability of the browser will be released in the coming weeks."

Nintendo did however confirm that 12 Virtual Console games would be available on launch day, including Donkey Kong, SimCity, Super Mario 64, Sonic the Hedgehog and Bomberman '93.

The release also confirmed that new VC content would be released every Monday and established pricing for Genesis and Turbo-Grafx games at 800 points ($8) and 600 points ($6) respectively.

Press release
via Joystiq
Not good news, I wanted to be really spoilt for choice on what to do on my Wii :sad:

Ah, too bad, but i'm not going to be spending my hours watching the news or the weather anyways. but the globe thing looks cool and i think i'll be wasting about 10 minutes on it :lol:

OH SNAP! New VC games every monday?? Hell yeah! didn't see that. That means i'm gonna buy some points just in case Goldeneye comes out

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
its like the dreamcast saga all over again

Back