Published by: Activision
Developed by: Vicarious Visions
Genre: Third-Person Action Adventure
Number of Players: 1
MSRP: $49.99

Rated:

esrb-teen-logo-150.jpg

From IGN:

A few weeks back, Activision showed off the PS3/360 version of Spider-Man 3 to a small gathering of journalists. The PS3 and 360 versions, developed by Treyarch, feature interactive cinematic moments, a sprawling Manhattan with an extensive sewer and subway system and a "gangs of New York" dynamic that evolves crime on the streets as you play through the game. Nothing was said about the Wii version at the time.

IGN: How will I use my Wiimote and Nunchuck to control Spider-Man?

Jonathan Mintz: Let's start with the basics: running and jumping are controlled with the Nunchuk. As you might expect, using the Analog Stick moves Spidey. The Z Button is used for jumping.

But we know you're not playing a Spider-Man game to run and jump - it's all about the webs. When you're web-swinging in Spider-Man 3, the Wii Remote and Nunchuk become Spider-Man's right and left hands. By holding the B Button and moving the Wii Remote or holding the Z Button and moving the Nunchuk, Spider-Man will cast out his web lines in the direction that you move. Flick the controllers forward to swing down a street or whip them to the sides to power around a corner.

As for combat, your melee moves are simple. Swinging the Wii Remote left or right allows you to perform quick attacks. Moving the Wii Remote and Nunchuk down at the same time lets you execute a strong attack to finish off foes with powerful attack combos. You can also tap the A Button to perform a strong attack or hold it to uppercut foes into the air.

Tapping on the B Button fires one of Spider-Man's web splats, slowing down the bad guys. Holding B Button will attach a web line to enemies - that's where things get really cool. Want to swing the chump around Spider-Man's head in a classic Web Rodeo? Just move the Wii Remote in a circle. Flicking the Wii Remote and Nunchuk up will perform a Web Hammer, pulling the enemy over Spider-Man's head and slamming him into the ground. If the enemy is too big to move, he can leap on top of him and smash him in the face.

Spider-Man's isn't known for standing around and getting punched, so a quick flick of the Nunchuk will let you dodge out of the way of attacks. If you're moving towards an enemy when you dodge, you'll vault over their heads, letting you attack them from behind.

There are more surprises, too, like using webs to attack enemies from the air - or to pull enemies back to you after an uppercut! And we haven't even mentioned the adrenaline-fueled special attacks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, what do you expect?

Im definately looking forward to it. Its like the anti-GTA free roamer. Although I love GTA, but it feels good to be stopping killers occasionally :smilewinkgrin:

It doesn't seem to be the same I hope it is beter tan Spider-Man 2 if it is it will be awesome

I got through playing Spiderman 2 on the cube day before yesterday, and I loved the whole free-roam...

And I've yet to find something sweeter than grappling an enemy, finding the highest point you can get to, and then jumping off the building, and sending the enemy spiraling down with you in a piledriver.

Lookin' forward to it. Best movie-game I've ever played.

I'm predicting I wont be buying or renting this. I don't like spiderman games.

ilikecookies said:
I'm predicting I wont be buying or renting this. I don't like spiderman games.

You might want to consider trying the games, the games have an immense map of NY for freeroam, many criminals on the street and boss fights, web slinging in over 20 different way and not to mention you can travel underground into the Subway tracks.

The only dissapointment in SM-2 was that the streets, did not actually match the avenues and streets in real-life Manhattan. When i saw the SP-3 trailer, the city looked much more realisic. I have high hopes for the game. :yesnod:

ooooooooo i loved spiderman 2 ! the contoolers sound good but it might take a while to get used to fighting

Yellow_Wii said:
ooooooooo i loved spiderman 2 ! the contoolers sound good but it might take a while to get used to fighting

Let's hope they are simple and to the point!

I want this game soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!:mad5:

Nintendo Mania Boy said:
I want this game soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!:mad5:
That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo spam. ;)

I think it'll be cool. Spidey2 was freakin awesome, till you got to that point where it just got old. After I saved that damn flower shop for the 501st time, I knew it was time to quit.

Spidey 3 shall exceed it's predecessor(s).

Nintendo Mania Boy said:
Also if anyone needs help on the legend of zelda twilight princess i'll be glad to help because, practically... i beat the whole game!:)

I understand that you are new, but please don't double post or stray off-topic. That's not popular here. :sad:

Anyway, I'm hoping the city will be immense and filled with details and colors. I also am hoping for all the bridges in Manhattan! In SM 2, they only had the 59th Street Bridge, which made me very mad. :mad:

I've seen the Brooklyn Bridge in one of the trailers, so that is a good sign. :thumbsup:

Let's hope they don't forget the Manhattan, Williamburg, George Washington & Triborough bridge. If they leave them out, that's a big nono. :nono:

I'm guessing 7/10, but who knows? I'll just wait for the reviews before I think about getting it, though.

Back