SSBB Design Contest 2: Zelda Stages

naisatoh

MS3
May 26, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Wii Online Code
6760-4137-2833-7556
With news of the Eldin Bridge stage in SSBB, I thought this would be a good opportunity for us to create our own Zelda stages. Since there probably won't be a new LoZ stage revealed anytime soon, there's no worry of someone's idea being seen in an actual update.

I promise there will be other contests that don't focus on stage design. However, design stages, I believe, require the best imaginations and executions.

Here are the rules for the second SSBB Design Contest:

Design a Zelda themed stage that has never been used in a previous version of Smash Bros. These stages can be designed for any Zelda-related character (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Zoras, Dekus, etc.) and can stem from any Zelda-related game (Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, Twilight Princess, you get the idea).

Write a short paragraph, explaining the origins of your design as well as how the stage works. Many stages from the previous games are interactive, from Shyguys dropping food to Pokemon popping out and causing damage. Describe what your stage can do, as well as describe any changes that occur in the background (day/night, seasons, etc.). Also, don't forget a title if you want one.

Use this thread to submit ONE design. If you decide to make changes to your design or would like to replace your submission with a different one, please edit your post, rather than posting a second submission. That way, the thread will stay a bit more organized. Please limit discussions on this thread in order to minimize the number of pages we need to sort through to view each design.

Deadline: July 20

Have fun!

{CONTEST CLOSED}

Voting is now open.. Click here

Last edited:
ordon_village.png

(Click For Bigger View)

Well, This Is My Crappy Paint-Made Ordon Village!
It Changes From Day To Night, And A Hawk Comes By Occasionaly To Drop Ordon Pumpkins. You Can Jump On The House, Tree Branch, The FRONT Grass, Not The Back, The Rock In The Grass, And The Rock In The Water. You Can Die From The Back, The Right Side, And From Falling in The Water. The Tree, However, Protects You From Dieing On That Side. Below Is The Area Of Which You Can Walk On.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/ManiacalManiac/Misc/ordon_village_guide.png

The Sign And The background Is Just For Looks. ^_^

SSBB Design Contest 1 has closed! Congratulations to Axtlar for his excellent design.

Let's see some creative ideas for the next contest! I'll be submitting my own design soon!

just finished mine

goron mines from twilight princess

goodcopycontestcm2.png

sorry for the crappy quality^_^

uhh where the red spray paint markings are, thats where lava shoots out, some of it comes out of the actual lava itself, and some of it comes out of the pipes in the wall

they come out randomly but gives like a 1 second notice, (they start to glow red or something), before they shoot out

you cant die from falling down, it's just like samus's stage, except all the time the lava is up

and on the left(sorry forgot to add that part 100% there is a wall but the top of it ends at the top of the pipe
yeah~~~

Last edited:
You still have a week to mess around with it. It's not final until the deadline passes. Just remember to edit your current submission post instead a posting a new reply. It's a great idea.. might need a little bit of touching up though.

I love how it's based on the Goron Mines and yet there's an iron link fence in the background...

GJ for entering.

wasn't there a fence in goron mines?

edit:there is a fence, but it's all rusted over and in little squares

oh well

it's all over the goron mines

double edit: i i'll work on it more later....

Last edited:
mushroomedmario said:
wasn't there a fence in goron mines?

edit:there is a fence, but it's all rusted over and in little squares

oh well

it's all over the goron mines
Lol, just poking a bit of fun. ;|

Still, glad you entered.

Ok just to try this contest. I will enter "for now" with this MS Paint work:

ZeldaStagePaint.jpg

I'm actually laughing at it...

But I will make a serious work for this one later.

zelda stage.JPGIts based on the city in the sky from tp. If the portal appears, you go through it and it teleports you above the cannon which shoots you into the battle field and if you land on someone, they are damaged (kindof like a warpstar in melee).

Wow.. looks like everyone is getting their inspiration from Twilight Princess.. And I never thought MSPaint would be such a preferred medium :smilewinkgrin:

Back