SSBB Design Contest 3: Mini-Stages

naisatoh

MS3
May 26, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Wii Online Code
6760-4137-2833-7556
Welcome to the third installment of the SSBB Design Contest. For those of you who are new here, these contests are designed to challenge not only your drawing talent, but also your creativitiy in coming up with something fresh and original, while adhering to theme of the contest. Designs are accepted in all formats, whether it be done on Macromedia Flash or simply drawn with pencil and paper.

This is the third in a series of contests. The top 5 designs in each contest will be recorded, and top winner of the series will receive a copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl when it is released on December 3.

For more information.. click here.

Here are the rules for the third SSBB Design Contest:

Design a mini-stage that has never been used in previous versions of Smash Bros. While previous mini-stages did not have anything to do with Smash Bros. characters (Break the Targets, Board the Platforms), I highly encourage that yours is (Race to the Finish). These stages will either occur in Adventure Mode as seen in Smash Bros. Melee, or it could stand on its own as a separate feature (Home Run Contest).

As an bonus twist, instead of a single player stage like in previous games, try to make your design multiplayer friendly. Imagine the possibilities..

Write a short paragraph, explaining the origins of your design as well as how the stage works. Many stages from the previous games are interactive, from Shyguys dropping food to Pokemon popping out and causing damage. Describe what your stage can do, as well as describe any changes that occur in the background (day/night, seasons, etc.). Also, don't forget a title if you want one.

Use this thread to submit ONE design. If you decide to make changes to your design or would like to replace your submission with a different one, please edit your post, rather than posting a second submission. That way, the thread will stay a bit more organized. Please limit discussions on this thread in order to minimize the number of pages we need to sort through to view each design.

Remember, all formats are accepted! Whether your medium of choice is Macromedia Flash or pencil and paper, we want to see what you can do!

Deadline: August 3

Have fun!!

Edit: Unlike the previous two contests, this is NOT a stage where characters can have a free-for-all battle. The idea of this stage is to accomplish a goal either as fast as you can or with highest score, etc..

Last edited:
Dewy_Fan93 said:
It's called deep blue sea. inspired by the movie jaws and deep blue sea.
here every once in a while a bubble will come and trap you if you get in it you have to do some move to get out.also the coral is a place to fight also be careful near the bottom of the coral a eel comes out and bites you and you get hurt really bad.you can jump alot kinda fly but you sink a little just like of mario.sharks come and bite people at random. it changes to from low tide to like high tide also storms brew above the water and make it wavy.and the seaweed you get tangeled in and have to fight your way out. you can move the same other than jumping you jump higher and longer blah blah blah like above

I'm sorry that you spent the time to draw and explain your design, but I'm afraid you might have misunderstood the description for this contest. While the first two contests asked you create a stage for a versus mode brawl, this contest is asking for a stage that requires you to complete a task.

Much like Break the Targets and Board the Platforms required you to accomplish an objective in a set amount of time, the premise of this contest is to design a stage with a similar idea. I apologize, but I can't accept this submission for consideration. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
There is a link that gives the details of the contest, including how the participants are going to be judged. You can also refer to the previous two contests to get an idea of how the contests were run and to see how some of the entries have looked in the past.

Just look around.. you'll find your answers..

My Idea:

Kid Icarus.
kid_icarus.bmp

Based On The First Few levels Of Kid Icarus, This Sage Is A "Race To The Finish". You Have To Go As High As Possible In The Amount Of Time Given. Each Door Can Be Entered By Pressing The Attack Button.Some Doors Lead To Shops... They Shuffle Each Time You Do This Stage. So You Might Loose Some Time On This... However,If You Collect The Hearts (not shown) on The Way, You Can Use Them At These Shops To Buy Extra Time. The Classic Enemies Such As The Snakes, Metroid-Esque Enemies, And The Eyball Monsters(not shown) Are Here. And Just Like The Original Kid Icarus, If There Is An Opening The Same Heighth, And Opposite Sides, You Can Enter One Side And Come Out The Opposite Side. This can Be Useful If The Side You're On Won't Allow You To Cross To The Other Side.

Have Fun! ^_^

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
My Idea:

Kid Icarus.
kid_icarus.bmp

Based On The First Few levels Of Kid Icarus, This Sage Is A "Race To The Finish". You Have To Go As High As Possible In The Amount Of Time Given. Each Door Can Be Entered By Pressing The Attack Button.Some Doors Lead To Shops... They Shuffle Each Time You Do This Stage. So You Might Loose Some Time On This... However,If You Collect The Hearts (not shown) on The Way, You Can Use Them At These Shops To Buy Extra Time. The Classic Enemies Such As The Snakes, Metroid-Esque Enemies, And The Eyball Monsters(not shown) Are Here. And Just Like The Original Kid Icarus, If There Is An Opening The Same Heighth, And Opposite Sides, You Can Enter One Side And Come Out The Opposite Side. This can Be Useful If The Side You're On Won't Allow You To Cross To The Other Side.

Have Fun! ^_^

Great idea there! And having the doors disappear after a player has gone through it opens the stage up for multiplayer use. They don't actually have to show the shop, the player could just have a +5 show up above their head.

Back