Starting out

bogorman

May 16, 2007
Howdy, I just bought a Wii yesterday - haven't had a chance to break it in yet, but looking forward to it. Can anyone recommend where to start? SHould I go through making my own Mii or just dive into "Sports" & "Play"

Hey, I just got one yesterday too! I got to break it in last night. I'd say go make a Mii first... then download the internet channel and the everybody votes channel. You'll also most likely want/need to do the system update.

You can use your Mii in Wii Sports to track your "fitness health age" and things like that so it's good to have one made already. Only other thing I can say is remove all breakables from your coffee table, like glasses, or vases before you start playing Wii Sports because you can't quite be sure how into it you might get! ;) I am speaking from experience on that one. :D

Have fun!

Tanx for that chakan. Unfortunately I'm living in the middle of nowhere and don't have internet access at the moment :frown2:
Wot games have you got (besides sports)?

Welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay. Happy gaming.
I would advice that you play some Wii Sports to get used to the mechanics and then spend the rest of your time making Miis.

Good advice there.

Defiantly would recommend making a mii first of all, as you cant save your progress in wii sports without a custom mii.

Play Wii sports to get used to the details of the controls, plus its a good laugh.

While your at it if you have a wireless network at home then i would recommend downloading the Internet channel and the everybody votes channel. If you download the Internet channel just now then its free, if you wait until after June (i think) then it will cost about 3.50.

After June the internet Channel will cost 500 Wii Points ($5 american money)

If you have been gaming a while, I HIGHLY suggest Elebits (or Eledees in europe). The voice/acting and storyline is very cheesy, but you can't judge that for a game. The controls are excellent, and the gameplay is very fun. Also the game is challenging somewhat towards the end, but the final boss is easy if you know how to beat it.

If you are new to gaming, I suggest WarioWare: Smooth Moves. The 1-player is very short, but you can always keep playing the Microgames until you get them all.

Yes make a Mii and then play Wii Sports first (I had hours of fun with Wii Sports).

hope this helped!

Back