Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Character opinions

Tocaraca

WiiChat Member
Feb 11, 2014
Wokingham
I don't have this game yet. But my friend has it and I love it. And you probably know why.
Anyway, the point of this topic is just a discussion of who you like to play as most and which character you find the most effective.
My favourite character is Meta Knight. There was once a topic about him being a 'Broken' character which was closed before I could reply to it. My reply which would simply have been 'Although your points are correct, I honestly don't care because he is awesome anyway.', as I love all of his attacks, and I'm not too good at the game yet.
My second favourite character is Yoshi. There are many Yoshi fans and all who I agree with. I was always him on Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart Super Circuit (before I got to play as my mii character on MK wii, which I did) and I always used to be him before I found how Meta Knight is so good.
The next character I would choose to be is Samus. She is strong, I like her electric whip and using that as a recovery move, and her projectile attacks are boss. I don't really understand though; can she use her projectiles as Zero Suit Samus?
I would be Pit next. Why? He has a powerful blade and a powerful bow attack. And he can fly. His recovery move is different, as you have to actually press the jump button to go up with it.
After that, I would choose Link, Ike, Marth, Bowser, DK, and then it goes on to characters I'm not interested in.
What do you think?

I no longer play vBrawl, nor will I ever again. All I care for is Project: M... ... ... but in my days of vBrawl, I mainly played Meat Night, Wolf 'n Toon Link. I mained Meta Knight for the way he felt; overpowered and broken lol. Gave me freedom to apply offensive pressure with little worry. Fun for me, but so very unfair for my opponents...

Wolf I played both because the character's moveset resonated with me, and 'cause he's fuckin' cool. The same for Tink, minus the fuckin' cool part.

Started with Ike. Felt too heavy and didn't suit my playstyle much. I then unlocked Snake and used that forever. Pikachu was still the bane of my existence last I played.

I'd give Lucas a try. Well rounded character. And Olimar is beast once mastered.

I'd give Lucas a try. Well rounded character. And Olimar is beast once mastered.
I'd recommend his grab as a recovery move rather than PK Thunder, but if you know how to use PK Thunder well then keep at it, can be a devastating move.
I like Lucas more than Ness. He just seems... better.
Even though Ness is very similar. I suppose they are semi-clones.

Back