Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars players discussion thread

Bodine

Sonic expert
Jan 25, 2009
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Here's a discussion thread for all of us Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars owners. This thread is for discussing what you like/dislike about the game, what characters you love or hate, your mains, your worsts, bragging, stratagy, ect. Also if you need help with the game, like needing to know how to unlock a certain character or how to use a certain move, you can ask here.

THIS THREAD IS NOT HOWEVER FOR EXCHANGING FRIEND CODES.

Not too many flaws with the game. Im just a little mad that when you do a team finifh only one partner stays on the screen to doo a victory pose. But i do love the easy combos.
Hint: When you finish one teamate, start to do your special so when the other opponent jumps in, they wont have time to react.

when i get it, i'm only going to use Zero and.....Anyone i can think of.... Maybe Ryu.... Frank....or.........i donno? but Zero is a must Use

Then let me go ahead and help you out by telling you that you have to beat arcade mode with 6 different Capcom characters to unlock him.

Oh, and I probably don't have to tell you this but he kicks ass in TvC. I don't main him, but he's easy to main if you know what I mean.

looking for friend codes for this game if any one wants to play post amessage and will give u my code.KEN ROCKS!!! Sodoes casshan. Joe is perhaps most annoying char due to his height and air combo

If you want to unlock all the characters quickly then this is the best way.

When you first start you should use a Capcom pairing like Ryu and Roll (she is most important).

You can use any Capcom character but Ryu is a good choice because his moves are easy (he has the same moves as in Streetfighter) and he has good close and distance attacks, but any Capcom character will do.

You should use Roll because if you complete the game with her you get her flying on her broom at the end credits instead of Durango on a bike. To unlock the Allstars Shooters game you have to collect all the yellow letters in the end credits and I found it much easier to do with Roll.

Once you complete the game with 3 different Capcom charaters you unlock Frank West. Now you should use Frank to complete the game as doing so will help unlock 2 more characters later on. After you've completed with Frank use 2 more Capcom characters to unlock Zero who requires 6 Capcom completions. You use Frank as one of the 6 because to unlock Yatterman 2 you have to complete the game with all of the extra characters that you'll eventually unlock, so using him now saves time.

When you do the Tatsunoko side it is much the same. You complete with it any 3 Tatsunoko characters to unlock Tekkaman Blade and then complete the game with him as it'll count towards the 6 characters you need for the next Tatsunoko unlockable and it'll also count towards unlocking Yatterman 2.

My favorite characters at the moment are Jun, Ken, Joe and Ryu. My favorite move is the science team ninja whirlwind attack.

They all seem to be pretty even to me. Zero does have a frightening range of attacks but I find some of them kind of average on the amount of damage they do, the Noki guy (I forget his name but he's the blue samurai type guy with a sword) doesn't have the same amount of range but his attacks seem to do a bit more damage. I haven't found any of the characters to be way above another really though, except for the giant robots who are weaker than the other characters because they count as 2.

I really can't find anything that I dislike about the game. Some reviews complained about having to beat the game to unlock things in the shop and then still having to earn enough points (zennys) to actually buy them all. It's true that unlocking and buying all of the artwork and character colors will take a long time but I think that is a good thing as it leaves something to work for. So far I've unlocked all the extra characters, all the stage art, all the character art, 2 videos and a few extra colors.

Thank You Raisinghelen, When i get it i'm looking at this post.... Not using Ingrate Gaming Noobs (IGN)

Right now I'm maining Yatterman-1, Ken the Eagle, Viewtiful Joe and Batsu. But I'm really good with Tekkaman(not Tekkaman Blade), Ippatsuman, Joe the Condor, and Frank West.

I obviously use Tatsunoko characters mostly, but it's not that I like them better than Capcom characters although I love the nostalgic feel to the Tatsu characters. My best is Yatterman-1 and I've never seen an episode of Yatterman... or even know what a "yatter" is in the first place. :p

I've no idea what a 'Yatterman' is, I'm guessing not a man as the girl is named that too. Yatterman 1 sure does rock that yo-yo though and Yatterman 2 is no slouch either.

when i get the game(and a working Wii) i plan on trying to main Zero and Tekkaman Blade. based on the vids i've seen, both are looking to be my kind of playstyle.

Tekkaman Blade is a good character but I just can't get use to how his dash works. He doesn't just run forward, he jets in a forward upward diagonal leap till you hit forward again. Besides that I have no complaints. He has a solid moveset and most of his standard attacks have pretty damn good reach to them. Not to mention most of his special moves are amazing.

tip: When choosing teams, pick some one with a long special and some one with a short special that both use normal camera views (ie: Poliymar and Megaman). Then, using the person with the shorter special, execute a team special and while your partner is using their special, you will have time to do a yours twice.
My mains = Tekkaman. B, Ken the Eagle, Zero, and Batsu

here you guys go.

[video=youtube;JPdTlX39pck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPdTlX39pck[/video]

Back