Terra Incognita coming to Wii U e Shop late 2015

Danvox

WiiChat Member
Jan 2, 2015
Terra is a retro inspired role playing game with a 16-bit 90's pixel art graphic style
A nostalgic gaming experience, immerse yourself in the vast, rich world of Terra!

Please support Terra on Greenlight!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=350497082
terrabannerthunderclap.png

terrafolk.png

3rgXBJ4DO7vQzlhPX2.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
TlK63EoM5U3CtdSgJMI.gif

Game features:
~ Deep and immersive story-line
~ A vast world, large areas to traverse, rich with detail
~ Fast paced, turn based battle system
~ A large amount of recruitable characters.
~ Legendary weapons!
~ Side quests galore
~ Secrets!
~ Original soundtrack
~ retro 16-bit style graphic style
~ Collectable items
About the game
In the beginning of the game you play as 'Alexis' a mysterious young man, with no memory of his past.
As you travel you will unravel his history, discover his destiny and the ancient secrets of Terra!
You'll be able to travel the vast and rich world of Terra, recruit comrades to your battle party, search out ancient lore and be immersed in a deep story-line.
Make friends! ~ Recruit warriors form all over Terra ~ Create a battle team!
The game includes a large array of characters that the player can recruit to the battle team and party, both during the main story line and many can be found hidden away in villages, towns, dungeons and strange locations around Terra.
What is the battle system like?
The battle system appears fairly simple in its design, but with lots of cool pixel art-esque animations and tons of magic and battle abilities, items and in-battle interactions ensure it is a really addictive experience. The game does use a random encounter system, similar to early Final Fantasy games, pokemon etc But you will occasionally see monsters or the 'thing' on screen before the battle commences!
When will the game be released?
Terra will be available for PC, Windows, Mac and Linux mid 2015 and Wii U e Shop late 2015
Terra Incognita ~ Chapter One: The Descendant is available for a purchase now!
Join the Windows Beta and you'll get the game at no extra charge on release. Also, you'll get a Steam key if/when we get greenlit!
Thanks for the support, all questions and comments are welcomed!
Screen shots below!
Terragameshot1.png
344bce444e7a81b5cf2a121e0abc8cce.png
cc416930b298e5b80976ee28de674476.png
ead2599dd877fad5c1ebd58485526d08.png
f0ec472e68a5412ae9e4c49938f98244.png
50be84603c0f091587dc53516eb5eebf.png
041562c4a12a75534baf7723106b272a.png
1526403_776112705817058_1971465863697810795_n.png
8dcc50efdc37f83dc32a475f5023cdfa.png

Last edited:
Nope, I disagree I'm afraid.
Nope, nope, no annnnd No.
A 16-bit graphic style can create such a nostalgic atmosphere in a game (along with other things) it is definitely worth being included late on the feature list.

This is the thing, for fans of old school games, RPGs in particular, like myself. The graphic style is so key. Shiny shiny graphics just don't do it for me. As long as the game has a solid feature list, I don't see an issue with 16-bit graphics being on the list.
If 16-bit graphics were the second feature I wrote '16-bit graphics' making Terra look LOL SO RETRO I'd be a jackass.....

If you have anything constructive or related to the actual game, let me know.

Thanks!

Actually, people that list a games retro looks as a feature is something that needs to be stopped, (looking at games on the google play or steam this happens a lot) half he bloody time its because they ripped sprites out of other games.
It bugs me a bit to much (an given that most of my gaming is done on old tech and all the games event I go to/set up have a mostly retro theme, it shouldn't)

You cant be nostalgic over something that isnt even out yet

given the photos of the battle system it looks like the Final fantasy method that has been done to death

Actually, people that list a games retro looks as a feature is something that needs to be stopped, (looking at games on the google play or steam this happens a lot) half he bloody time its because they ripped sprites out of other games.
It bugs me a bit to much (an given that most of my gaming is done on old tech and all the games event I go to/set up have a mostly retro theme, it shouldn't)

You cant be nostalgic over something that isnt even out yet

given the photos of the battle system it looks like the Final fantasy method that has been done to death

Well, like I said - I personally think you're wrong, cleared it with my Nintendo rep a while back actually (The feature list, I mean) So, I'm happy with it. Agree to disagree!

Terra sprites are massively inspired by Lunar, Suikoden, Chrono Trigger etc etc but hand drawn for Terra :)

And as for Final Fantasy battle system being done to death, no.....just no.
It's a classic turn based battle system that I made for Terra, fast paced and fun, I think(I hope) and feedback seems to suggest this.

I agree that a lot of indie game devs quickly throw together 'Retro' games and do the games of the golden era no justice at all, but that isn't what Terra is at all.

I hope genuine RPG-Golden era ( mid/late 90's ) game fans will see what I see when playing Terra.

Well, at least it's not another mining/craft/dig clone developed in 3 weeks straight for the quick buck. Terra been in development over a year, worked super hard, full time. I'm going bald at 26.....ha
I feel the work is paying off though, as Nintendo contacted me with the devkit. So I feel I am doing classic, dare I say without being scorned 'Retro' games justice.

Anyway, thanks for your comments.

One battle system, ok two, well three, OK FOUR!!! That I dont see used a lot are the one from Grandia (still one of the best RPGs made), Panzer Dragoon saga (Ok but when I play it and im against a boss it all, shield, attack, shield attack). Phantom brave (kinda hard to explain, bit like shining force without the grid) and Dragon force.

Looking at the GPlay store over the past year HOW MEANY BLOODY FLAPPY BIRD CLONES DO WE NEED!! Seriously, its a bad game.

It seems I have been playing RPGs longer than you, still got the first one I ever got (Ultima IV on Master system, talk about the deep end)

tis kinda hard to do a decent homage to Ye gameth of yore, in recent memory Shovel Knight kinda got it right

anyway, im ranting, hope the game does well for you

Back