Thanks Nintendo

technodj

Nintendo Vet
Dec 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
0776-1080-1950-3003
A post of mine from another forum. I'm REALLY not happy about brawl online :mad5:

"In your effort to "save the children" from scary online predators playing videogames you've completely alienated an entire demographic of people.....adults. I bought SSBB in hopes of great online gaming as well as equal gameplay between either mode...moronic "friend-codes" or "anonymous". You failed miserably. What I get as a 31 year old gamer looking to go online for gaming with SSBB is nothing more than a barrier of friend codes, wii codes and a stripped down "anonymous" mode that doesn't even work. Look around Nintendo, kids exchanging codes with other people online and playing is no more or less safe than just letting people connect and play online. If anything, you've made it easier for pedophiles to target kids on boards by making it obvious where to get children's information....RIGHT HERE on IGN, Wii Chat, etc... Anywhere where there's Wii code exchanges, there's kids. Bet you didn't think of that did you Nintendo? Do you honestly think every gamer is still in 5th grade reading Nintendo Power? Do you really think we want to spend weeks collecting new wii codes and friend codes everytime you release another game with idiotic online architecture behind it? I'm so disgusted with the pathetic effort they put into making online gaming easier for people over 18 that I give up. You let me down Nintendo."

I'm afraid I have to agree. It's almost so frustrating, that I just turn it off an boot up my xbox360 to play the so easy to use LIVE. Gamers now just want to jump on and start playing, with leaderboards, stats and braggin rights. If someone is stupid enough to try and find someone to attack via online games, then god help us. Don't you think its much easier to find people on forums, chats and other online areas? So your right on that point.

But that being said, brawl is still an awesome game even with the extra work. Since this is the first REAL online multiplayer attempt on a massive scale by nintendo, maybe a small break is in order. But I agree they are moving way to slow in this area.

But also another small thing to keep in mind, WFC is still a free service unlike alot of other online services including LIVE.

gamedango said:
I'm afraid I have to agree. It's almost so frustrating, that I just turn it off an boot up my xbox360 to play the so easy to use LIVE. Gamers now just want to jump on and start playing, with leaderboards, stats and braggin rights. If someone is stupid enough to try and find someone to attack via online games, then god help us. Don't you think its much easier to find people on forums, chats and other online areas? So your right on that point.

But that being said, brawl is still an awesome game even with the extra work. Since this is the first REAL online multiplayer attempt on a massive scale by nintendo, maybe a small break is in order. But I agree they are moving way to slow in this area.

But also another small thing to keep in mind, WFC is still a free service unlike alot of other online services including LIVE.

I dunno. I find that this is Nintendo's weakest online game with the exception of Pokemon (was that even a game?). Sure, the game itself is the best game with online thus far, but the online mode...well...sucks.

Normally, I didn't mind the whole FC's thing, as the random modes in the other games have been good (well, that's a relative term...good for Nintendo but light years behind even the PS2 in terms of online gaming). But the random mode in Brawl is so terrible that now I've been forced to work with the crappy FC system. On the upside, a couple of hours of uploading FC's and doing all that crap does get you a nice friends list in the end. Still, now I'm stuck to all of their schedules.

Bummer.

Hopefully, Mario Kart will have a better online mode.

I suppose thats true consider strikers had at least some kind of stat tracking. Amazing brawl doesn't have a leader board. Just baffles the mind

The point is nintendo missed a big oppotunity to convert some online players to nintendos console. FC's are a big turn off to alot of people

Nintendo:
thumbs_up.jpg

Nintendo knows that the game could have no online function at all and this game would still sell amazing.

Probably threw the online function in there just to hook the few non-believers.

They're probably going to take their sweet time getting around to the lag problems. If they get around to them at all.

technodj said:
A post of mine from another forum. I'm REALLY not happy about brawl online :mad5:

"In your effort to "save the children" from scary online predators playing videogames you've completely alienated an entire demographic of people.....adults. I bought SSBB in hopes of great online gaming as well as equal gameplay between either mode...moronic "friend-codes" or "anonymous". You failed miserably. What I get as a 31 year old gamer looking to go online for gaming with SSBB is nothing more than a barrier of friend codes, wii codes and a stripped down "anonymous" mode that doesn't even work. Look around Nintendo, kids exchanging codes with other people online and playing is no more or less safe than just letting people connect and play online. If anything, you've made it easier for pedophiles to target kids on boards by making it obvious where to get children's information....RIGHT HERE on IGN, Wii Chat, etc... Anywhere where there's Wii code exchanges, there's kids. Bet you didn't think of that did you Nintendo? Do you honestly think every gamer is still in 5th grade reading Nintendo Power? Do you really think we want to spend weeks collecting new wii codes and friend codes everytime you release another game with idiotic online architecture behind it? I'm so disgusted with the pathetic effort they put into making online gaming easier for people over 18 that I give up. You let me down Nintendo."

So you're saying... you're too old for friendcodes? Like you said, there are plenty of easy ways to exchange your friendcodes with total strangers if you don't want to play your friends.

My announcement to the world:

The Nintendo Wii uses, and will continue to use friendcodes. Deal with it.

AndThen? said:
So you're saying... you're too old for friendcodes? Like you said, there are plenty of easy ways to exchange your friendcodes with total strangers if you don't want to play your friends.

My announcement to the world:

The Nintendo Wii uses, and will continue to use friendcodes. Deal with it.

You are correct and unfortunately, I'll be spending the next week collecting another set of friend codes. Hopefully I find some decent peeps to play online.

technodj said:

I'm sorry, sir, but what does it matter if you are 30 years old? does that make you more applicable to have the exact kind of online play you want? (players your age is the reason Nintendo has this system, who knows what 30 year old player might end up kidnapping if they find out addresses of kid etc.,) or if you say it because you think you're a veteran player it still doesn't make sense since there was no online back then..I'm 21 and was born practically born when the videogames were born, and I am fine with what Nintendo does, it doesn't affect me; I can add whoever I please to add and fight with them, fight with real life friends and my siblings and even with strangers and record the fights as replays and later uploading them in the INternet for the world to see and I can even bet on fights I watch. I am satisfied with just that..You are just comparing it to other consoles' online functions, and those other consoles lack alot that Nintendo will never lack, Online isn't everything, my friend, play a little bit of Subspace or other modes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back