The Blue light

Desi_Wii_G

Welcome to the Good Life
Aug 14, 2007
Wii Online Code
8914-3870-7184-8437
Hi I just bought a wii yesterday and on the box the blue light is on. When i say blue light i mean the light that comes when u insert a disc or sumthin. Is it supposed to be on all the time or while playing a game case i only see it when i insert a disc. Is there a problem with my Wii!?!?!?!? :p

It mens that you probably have a message from someone, if you have no wii friends at the mo it'll probably be nintendo message asking you to update your firmware. Check your message board and something should be there. It will only appear constantly when you get a message and as you said it lights up when you insert and eject a disk.

umm soo i need to update or check my messages?... i only have one message from wii sports lol and i tried updating but it fails sometimes lol but is it a defect should the light always be on? plz expain more lol

Desi_Wii_G said:
umm soo i need to update or check my messages?... i only have one message from wii sports lol and i tried updating but it fails sometimes lol but is it a defect should the light always be on? plz expain more lol
No, the light only comes on when you get mail, or insert a disc. Please use the search button, the amount of times this has been asked is absurd.

You have got a message, wii program or from a friend or from Nintendo asking to update. Check it in the bottom letf corner of the Wii menu.

To answer your question directly. There is nothing wrong with your Wii. The box your Wii came in has a picture of the Wii with the blue light on because it looks better that way.

However, that light only turns on when you insert a disc or when you've recieved a message from someone over WiiConnect 24.

Back