The Godfather: Blackhand Edition Review

Homesrfan

ftw
Nov 1, 2006
7.6, respectable, but is it just me or can no games earn an 8 with gamespot. I've seen so many with 7.4-7.6, bleh.

The Good: The game makes great use of the film license; plenty of challenging, multitiered missions to keep you busy; fun combat and interrogation system; you can explore an expansive map of 1940s new york, with no load times; wii controls work well most of the time.
The Bad: graphics leave a bit to be desired; controls are occasionally unresponsive.
There are so many good and so little bad, and the graphics thing is stupid. Looked alright to me.

go to ign for reviews, gamespot is lazy people who give great games 10, good games 7.5, and bad games under 5.

oooo i was reading a good review on this yesterday! the executions sound brilliant

i like the way you customise your guy aswell

I wonder when both IGN and Gamespot give their reviews, how long they played it for? im sure they have a quick play about for a few hours and thats about it... I think they should give a 1st impression rating and once they have completed the game or at least played it loads should give a 2nd and final rating...sorry to go off topic but like red steel. i though the more i played it the better it got.. ok back on topic..i cant wait for this game and i should hopefully be getting it this weekend.

I dunno The Godfathere would a 10.0 game if the graphics were even half as better as they could be. I'm sorry but it looks like an old PC game to me when I look at the screenshots and the videos on IGN. I just can't get into it even though I know the gameplay is great the concept is cool. I love free roaming games like that. I had True Crime and that was awesome but at least its graphics were decent for the console it was on.

I think IGN plays it as long as they need to to give a good review. If they enjoyed it they'll play it more. The games that get really good ratings on IGN tend to have longer reviews and seem like they played them more in depth. If they play a game and dislike it usually it sounds like they didn't like it but continued to play in order to get a good idea. I'm sure they don't play the games they dislike as much as the ones they like, but I also don't think they stop playing the ones they dislike as soon as they realize they dislike them. Most reviews seem to mention most game features and modes. Just my thoughts though, perhaps I'm entirely wrong.

I have only had it for a few hours now, but I can tell you that the 7.6 is a low estimate. This game rocks.

Moten said:
I have only had it for a few hours now, but I can tell you that the 7.6 is a low estimate. This game rocks.

Moten tell us more please.

MasterJedi2U said:
I dunno The Godfathere would a 10.0 game if the graphics were even half as better as they could be. I'm sorry but it looks like an old PC game to me when I look at the screenshots and the videos on IGN. I just can't get into it even though I know the gameplay is great the concept is cool. I love free roaming games like that. I had True Crime and that was awesome but at least its graphics were decent for the console it was on.

I agree, BUT keep in mind these are early Titles for the system, and so they are working on new ground with the control schemes. This means other aspects will be neglected for a while. They can pass off sub-par graphics because theres no game competition yet

I would also argue its a port, but im sure the ps3 version is nice looking.

I wont complain though because I still think GTA SA (xbox) is still worth playing even though most would say those graphics are dated.

The game is awesome for so many reasons. You basically can go where you want (not linear) and do what you want (flex your muscle, extort some money, get girls....). The game has an awesome feel to it. You beat people by literally punching with your wiimote and nunchuck. There is also the ability to do hook moves, stomp people on the ground, etc...You know of course that the story is awesome. And it really is a good looking game as well. EA really got this one right.

Back