The good and bad Internet Channel?...

Desi_Wii_G

Welcome to the Good Life
Aug 14, 2007
Wii Online Code
8914-3870-7184-8437
Can some people tell me that the Internet Channel is worth it? Is it youtube compatible? Also is it really slow like Windows 95 or is it like Windows XP?...(lol) I was thinking of getting it but if it sucks I don't think there is a point of getting it. Thanks all!:)

It's pretty decent. It can play youtube video and run any flash 7 document. If you do it full screen it'll have less fps but zoom out a little and it'll be pretty good. I mainly go to imeem with it. But you can do a number of stuff you normally do on a normal browser. For $5.00 I say it's a done deal. But it can't be compared to a pc browser.

Kool so you are suggesting it's pretty fun and useful?....

Its useful becuause my comp is usually used by my brother. Heres some pro and cons

Pros: It can play some flash games like wiicade.com and some more.
It can watch what i believe all youtube videos and alot of google videos.
You can go on pretty much any site that a normal browser can.

Cons: You have to type with the wiimote alot and can be annoying.
Sometimes you have to delete your cookies while watching a long movie and you have to start over.
And it cant watch some video files because the flash format wont update cause your on the wii.

So Overall i say its worth the money.

Yes, its worth it to get the internet channel.
You can surf websites, watch youtube videos etc. Its pretty fast as well, at least I think it is.

It is well worth the 500 points.
Also keep in mind if you don't want to type with the Wiimote you can buy a USB keyboard which is compatible with the Internet channel.

Ya i was hesitating at first, but once i bought it i was well satisfied. Like the other guy said it can do facebook, myspace, forums, msn, youtube etc. so its pretty good and you may use it a lot if u dont have a computer in ur room and u have a Wii in their instead.

Yeah its great, here are some of the things you can do with it.

1) surf the web
2) youtube!
3) there are many online flash games that you can play on the wii, like on wiicade or xgenstudios
4) check your email
5) go on forums

pretty much anything you can do on your cpu you can do on wii

and with a keyboard attached you can do alot more

i dont like it because i can be on myspace, aim, youtube & out of nowhere it will say run out of flash memory i say us3 a pc for internet and wii for games

i got the internet channel and it is great except for the running out of memory and you can only watch certain movies but it is worth it

I agree, it's well worth the $5. One slight drawback is that you can't just buy 500 wii points for $5. The minimum is 1000 for $10, so you'll have 500 points left over that you'll have to spend on something. Not exactly a big deal, but still worth noting.

i love using my internet channel, i would get it if i were u.. too bad you didnt check it out earlier, it used to be free!

I guess it would be worth getting if you did have a family computer, and wasn't able to use the internet all the time. It's probably worth the $5.
Although.. I would just about delete my internet channel after finding out how much memory it takes, so I can put more Virtual Console games on my wii. But that's just me.

I have it, but I downloaded it when it was free.

I don't think I would buy it, given how much I use it now. I played flash games for a few days. Watching movies is cool and all, but when you want to actually read something, you're zooming and scrolling all over the place because of the resolution limitations. Once the novelty of it wears off, the inefficiencies become more glaring, IMO.

Back