The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past appreciation thread

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
All this Twilight Princess news and info has got me thinking back through all the past Zelda games and just how much fun i've had playing them. But the one that sticks out the most for me has got to be A Link To The Past.

Man what a truly awesome game...

In appreciaition of A Link To The Past post your favourite moment in the game or the point that made you think 'wow this is just awesome'..

Yes, It is "Wow, this is just awesome." good. All the dungeons, items, side quests, and enemy variety. Why did they have to "dumb down" all the other LoZ games (except for OoT of course)? Hopefully with 70 hours of gameplay, TP will be even better.:)

I'm curious why no one has yet mentioned the similarity of the Dark World in Link to the past(which was such an awesome idea) and the Twilight realm in TP... seems like TP is taking ideas and game play from all LoZ's to date and throwing it in with some new ones in a fabulous way....

Rift said:
I'm curious why no one has yet mentioned the similarity of the Dark World in Link to the past(which was such an awesome idea) and the Twilight realm in TP... seems like TP is taking ideas and game play from all LoZ's to date and throwing it in with some new ones in a fabulous way....

Yea you're right that's only just dawned on me, still a Wolf is a tad bit better than a bunny :lol:

I don't know it was kinda funny talking to people as a bunny they would pick on you and laugh ....and not just any bunny but a pink one!!!!

Rift said:
I don't know it was kinda funny talking to people as a bunny they would pick on you and laugh ....and not just any bunny but a pink one!!!!

haha yea i loved that bit, wandering around the mountain as a bunny thinking 'WTF is going on here' :lol:

i0n said:
All this Twilight Princess news and info has got me thinking back through all the past Zelda games and just how much fun i've had playing them. But the one that sticks out the most for me has got to be A Link To The Past.

Man what a truly awesome game...

In appreciaition of A Link To The Past post your favourite moment in the game or the point that made you think 'wow this is just awesome'..
I haven't played Link To The Past, I am thinking about getting it on the Virtual console.

Man it is definitely one game on VC that will be worth getting. You won't be dissapointed.

I'm getting it on VC because I just could not find the GBA version of it.

I love playing it on the computer but nothing beats playing it in the lounge room on a decent standard tv.

Its a great game and unfortuantely I never managed to get past Ganon's tower because the keyboard config I used made it a tad hard to react fast enough to the enemies on the screen.

Any Zelda fans would love this game. So full of surprises!

linkzeldagame said:
I'm getting it on VC because I just could not find the GBA version of it.

I love playing it on the computer but nothing beats playing it in the lounge room on a decent standard tv.

Its a great game and unfortuantely I never managed to get past Ganon's tower because the keyboard config I used made it a tad hard to react fast enough to the enemies on the screen.

Any Zelda fans would love this game. So full of surprises!

Yea keyboard confg. is bad so I got one of these. PS2 to PC Controller Adapter - PSone - Game Controllers -

OMG that was my fav game LttP, me and my mom played this game sooo much when i was younger haha, my fav part of the game was the fire and ice boss at the top right of the map during the dark world, ...

am i the only one that has known that in almost if not all the zelda games have been basically the same?... ive been playing the zelda on the VC for over 10 hours now and wow its still fun haha me and my mom have been playing it for a while now ( around 20+ hours in all now) and still arent into the dark world yet (2nd quest)

I WANT THIS GAME ON THE VC!
I only have faint memories but I loved it so much. I remember hitting a bush on the side of a castle then I remember this sand boss.

Link to the Past is one of the more interesting games, and I have fond memories of it-I remember when I finally conquered the game, I called my sisters in so we could all watch how it ended.

The boses and such were really interesting, and even your various weapons, like the orange cane that couldmake orange bricks, or create those platforms in the mountain stage.

One piece of the puzzle that always confused me-what exactly happened to the flute boy? When you play his ocarina for him, he suddenly transforms into a tree in the dark world. Did anyone ever find the reason why?

The dark world was one of the best things about the game-just a total alternate reality, and that 'vwowmf-vwowmf' sound effect as you passed between realms.

As well as the names: Sahasrahla, Aghanim, and many more.

Btw, speaking of recycling Zelda themes, they stole some of the Aghanim battle for the final boss in 'Link's Awakening.'

Back