The marijuana thread.

Ah, the wonderful world of weed....

Being drug free sucks.

I'd say like 10 posts on it are a bit more than a sign :lol:

OK my views on it:
It should definitely be legalized. It could generate billions in tax dollars and help stimulate the economy. And prohibition does not work anyways, people should know that by now.

I basically think every drug(minus those which can be weaponized like LSD and PCP) should be legal. But I do think people should avoid drugs. Really if you are stupid enough to do them it's your own damn fault. I do think there should be restrictions on the quantities you can purchase and that there should be NO advertisements for drugs. This includes alcohol(imagine what a ***** it must be for a recovering alcoholic to watch the superbowl)

Legality really barely has a say in whether people are going to smoke it a lot. It's not like its hard to find, in high school I could get it easier than I could alcohol. As Frogger said in the gun thread, she would not even do it if it was legal. Same with most people who don't smoke it now. If it became legal the amount of people doing it would barely make a change.

But as I said before I do not condone drug use. It's not that marijuana is even that bad for you(would be a lot better for you if it were legal because it could be easily obtained in digestible form), but if you can live life without it you might as well keep doing that. Cause once you start smoking you realize how much sober life sucks :lol: . No need to taste the forbidden fruit.

Last edited:
They should just legalise the stuff already. They could make a fortune taxing it like with tobacco and alcohol (and cannabis isn't as bad as those).

i'm against, except madicinal.

it leads to other worse drugs (technically cigarets lead to marijuana though, i'm against cigs too).

people say that they can focus more when they are high. that sounds like it is an excuse for a weak minded and nondisciplined person.

dont get me wrong, i'd put $ on marijuana having some cancer battleing properties (even though i think that cancer has always been around. we just found and named it in recent years) and the government isnt letting us in on it.

100% illegal drug free my entire life. outside of alcohol, over the counter drugs, caffeen, and Rx drugs. i have no reason to try it (even just to try it..)

Marijuana is definitely not the root of the gateway drug but it's not the drug that leads it to worse drugs its the people who influence you to do it...

people say that they can focus more when they are high. that sounds like it is an excuse for a weak minded and nondisciplined person.
This song:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FQdEVd-99o[/ame]

= result of weed and probably some other drugs. (no idea what kind of drugs James Maynard Keenan does...)

A lot of people misunderstand how marijuana is a gateway drug.

When people start smoking it they don't end up needing something more powerful than it so they move on to other drugs. It's not like that at all.

It's just that when someone first experiments with marijuana it opens them up to a new lifestyle. People will often think that since this illegal drug isn't as bad as the government has made it out to be that the other ones might not be so bad either. Then they usually just get their logic distorted by doing the other drugs or just plain get hooked on them since some drugs like cocaine only take one time to get addicted(and the addiction often lasts for life).

This definitely doesn't happen with a lot of the people who smoke weed though. It is most likely a result of excessive experimentation, which usually starts with the weakest of the taboo drugs: marijuana.

I know this may sound stupid in many different kind of ways, but you've never heard "Don't do drugs until your married", have you!?

I was being sarcastic though earlier...

Back