To start it off,
Did you hear Shaq is going to the Suns?
How do you think he will do with Nash?

wiiman14 said:
This is for all the talk about the NBA.
To start it off,
Did you hear Shaq is going to the Suns?
How do you think he will do with Nash?

Your kiddin me. I dont believe it saying that Heat are useless at the moment which is proabably why he left.

jep i heard the same, heard they traded stodamire for him, idk if that part is true but is shaq goin to the heats?yes, thats a certain.

He got traded for amorin and a point guard.
Suns are gona Pawn.
Watching Sport Center later.

wiiman14 said:
Suns are gona Pawn.

are u kiddin me that was a horrible trade for the suns. Shaq is washed up, done! You really think he is gonna hold Yao or Duncan, they are gonna rip him up. All around it was bad trade cuz now the suns are stuck with a has been and Marion is gonna walk after the end of this season so its a lose lose for both teams. Only thing good is that Miami is dumpin contracts.

Bliss said:
are u kiddin me that was a horrible trade for the suns. Shaq is washed up, done! You really think he is gonna hold Yao or Duncan, they are gonna rip him up. All around it was bad trade cuz now the suns are stuck with a has been and Marion is gonna walk after the end of this season so its a lose lose for both teams. Only thing good is that Miami is dumpin contracts.
Well look at it this way, Marion was unahppy in Phoenix and Banks wasn't that great a player. Shaq needs more support than just D-Wade, and D-Wade needs younger support, which they are both getting. I'm not saying Shaq is going to suddenly be averaging 20+ pts and 15+ rebounds again, he is old I understand that, but consider he's going to have Nash, Barbosa, Bell, Stoudemire, Diaw, and a rejuvenated Hill as supporting cast, I think he'll be in a much better situation. In Miami, D-Wade gets some quicker legs to help run the court with Marion and I don't know their depth chart, but Banks is a fairly decent player, not necessarily starter material, but quality off the bench, and the Heat lose Shaq's $20 mil salary and can go after free agents or other trades now. Both teams benefit in some way or another from this trade, though when I first heard about it I was thinking, "Are you kidding me, how the hell is that going to help the Suns" I mean Marion is a very quality player, but like I said he wasn't that happy in Phoenix and I think Shaq can help with the half-court play and in the post he is still a big body you have to respect.

ok u got some points there but Marion is gonna walk at the end of the year..and i understand shaq is basically there for defense but dont u think he will slow down a team like the suns when they are a fast pace team?

Bliss said:
ok u got some points there but Marion is gonna walk at the end of the year..and i understand shaq is basically there for defense but dont u think he will slow down a team like the suns when they are a fast pace team?
With Marion, he'll immediately help the Heat, whether with another trade or with his play he should make an impact, as for next year, the Heat will have a lot of extra cap room to pursue high caliber free agents or keep Marion.

Well, if you notice it's not like all 5 Suns are running when they're on fast break, it's usually 3 guys 4 at most, so I mean Shaq will get there in time for a half-court set, but I think they'll be alright. It's usually Nash, Barbosa, and well Marion who was at Forward, but Stoudemire moves to Forward (his more natural position I might add) so they really aren't losing much if you ask me.

How ridiculous is it that the reason Jason Kidd won't be traded is because Deavan George has a "no trade clause" in his contract. The Nets don't want Kidd and the Mavericks are willing to part with George to pick up Kidd, but whatever I don't like either team so whatever.

yea i was a lil shocked to see that a throw in player in this trade had the nerve to use his no trade clause. But hey u really cant knock him, why would u wanna go from the best to the worst?

Well I wouldn't necessarily say best or worst, Mavericks are slightly better than average this year, and the Nets are well, the Nets which are slightly worse than average. I don't know what to make of it, I definitely don't want to see the Mavericks get stronger, but I have no control over that. To be honest I wanted the Suns to win it all before they picked up Shaq, now I think they have a legitimate shot at it.

Celtics lost another big man to injury, they have 4 players out 6' 9" or taller, including KG, but they still managed to win last night. They're quite impressive to me anyway.

Did you see the Nba all-star slam dunk thing, it was awsome. I like the cake thing lol.

Well stoudamire didnt get traded shawn marion and sum rookie did and jason kidd is saying he is willing to go to dallas!!!! shaq already got traded but he isnt in the all star game 2nite and neither iz kobe..... stephon marbury is going to the celtics next season???? they will be unstopable ray allen, paul pierce, kevin garnett, and stephon marbury

wiiman14 said:
Did you see the Nba all-star slam dunk thing, it was awsome. I like the cake thing lol.
Yea it was the only skills competition I was really interested in watching. The cupcake thing was impressive, but Howard's first dunk was my personal favorite. Dwight Howard is an impressive athlete, and it was by far the most creative slam dunk contest I've seen in a while.

Back