The Official Black & White 2 News Thread

Splash_King

The Scrubbiest of Hunters
Jan 25, 2009
Nimbasa City
Wii Online Code
0129-0129-0129-0129
Since Nick's Black & White 2 thread was made as soon as BW2 was announced, the entire thread is full of speculation, herpaderp (from your's truly especially :p), and has no form of organization, so... Official thread wewt!

I'll be keeping the thread up to date with all BW2 news and data, both new and old, in the second post. Anything you want to know 'bout BW2, you'll find here.

I feel it's rather redundant to make a separate discussion thread, so if ya got anythin' to ask, say, or speculate on, post away.

Summarized Black & White 2 news organized by reveal date

2-25-2012

Junichi Masuda announces BW2 during Pokemon Smash. Later via Twitter, Masuda also announces the existence of Kyurem's alternate forms, as well as their names: "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem". A cinema listing for the short movie to accompany Kyurem's movie also accidentally leaks and officially confirms Meloetta's existence for the first time.

3-11-2012

BW2 is confirmed to be GTS compatible, and the GTS will receive updates and renovations as such.

4-13-2012

An issue of CoroCoro reveals that BW2 take place in Unova, the game is set two years after BW1's ending, parts of Unova have frozen over, and many routes and areas have changed. Hiougi city is also revealed, as well as plenty of information about the city's features, including that it is the starting city. The new characters Homika (Poison gym leader), Shizui (Water gym leader), and Professor Akuroma are revealed. The moves Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are confirmed as Black Kyurem's and White Kyurem's signature moves, respectively.

Finally, it is confirmed that out-of-region Pokemon will be a part of the regional Unova dex.

4-14-2012

BW2's first trailer is revealed, which in turn reveals multiple tidbits of data such as Pokemon now having new animations, all trainers now having animations, etc.

[video=youtube;WjrXoEkG6JA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WjrXoEkG6JA[/video]

5-12-2012

After leaking some of their information the previous day, CoroCoro reveals further details about Pokewood, and also reveals the Kami trio's alternate forms, the Sacred Beast forms. Pieces of plot information are revealed about BW1 characters, including Bianca, Cheren, and Alder. Bianca is still Juniper's assistant, and will give you your starter. Cheren is a gym leader, specifically for the normal type. Alder appears early on as a part of the plot. N is mentioned in that his whereabouts are still unknown.

The Pokemon World Tournament is also revealed, as well as a plethora of old gym leaders and champions coming from regions of past games to join the tournament. Lastly, the special Meloetta event for Kyurem's movie is officially revealed.

05-15-2012

A special Meloetta Pokemon Musical is announced for BW2. It is also revealed that the special event Meloetta will unlock something in the game other than the musician in Castelia that teaches Relic Song.

Hiougi City's translation is revealed to be "Aspertia City".

An animated trailer for the games was also released, and shortly fan-subtitled afterwards.

[video=youtube;e2SA4GyXb2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2SA4GyXb2U[/video]

6-2-2012

Two commercials for BW2 have been released. The first commercial reveals the return of Ghetsis to Team Plasma, and N returning alongside his legendary Dragon to stop Ghetsis' plan, which has to do with Kyurem.

Commercial 1:
[video=youtube;_CRRvATNOt8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_CRRvATNOt8[/video]

Commercial 2:
[video=youtube;LcVRR5SEN-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LcVRR5SEN-0[/video]

6-8-2012

Keldeo's Resolution form is accidentally leaked. Subsequently confirmed a few days later with this image from CoroCoro.

6-13-2012

Update coming soon.

Last edited:
We've got some big news (... er, did, thanks to my memory >___>)! Most of which is gameplay-related, some of which has to do with plot bits.

As should of been expected since Kyurem's alternate forms were announced, we've got some more Pokemon with alternate forms!

corocoro5125.jpg

As you can tell, those are the alternate forms of the Kami trio, and are known as their "Sacred Beast" forms. Their original forms are now known as their "Incarnation" form. Each of the forms also has their base stats changed in some way. Tornadus gains defense, special defense, and even more speed. Thundurus gains Special Attack and Landorus' Attack increases.

The other gameplay bit of news is a returning feature to the game that I'm glad to see back: the ability to re-battle important figures in the story as well as gym leaders. This is done at a not-yet-revealed building somewhere in Unova at an event called the "Pokémon World Tournament". However, there's a big twist. You'll be battling more than just Unova trainers; gym leaders and even champions from every other region. World tournament indeed!

As of now, every gym leader from Kanto has been confirmed to show up, save Sabrina and Koga (who is part of the Kanto-Johto Elite Four and therefore Janine shows up instead). Other confirmed trainers are Lance, Blue, Steven, Volkner, Cynthia (who's runnin' the entire shindig), and... Professor Akuroma, strangely enough. Confident that rules out him playing a sinister role in the story, but who knows.

One more trainer has been confirmed as well, and is easily the one I'm most shocked is gonna show up: Giovanni, Team Rocket's previous head honcho. After going into hiding and being stopped from re-taking the helm of Neo Team Rocket, thanks to the protagonists of HGSS via a Celebi's time travel, it's possible he's gone straight. Otherwise, I don't think Looker 'n friends would appreciate the once-mafia boss running through country borders and entering tournaments.

While it seems as though there isn't gonna be a new Battle Frontier (... T_T), the PWT will essentially take it's place. Singles and Doubles are confirmed as options for the Tournament, and while other battle formats have yet to be confirmed, there will definitely be others to choose from.

As for the plot-related news, a few pieces of information have been released. Firstly, Alder will unsurprisingly take part in the story, none the less very early on in your journey. Secondly, while it's not been confirmed or dismissed whether or not N will take part in the story (I'd be shocked if he didn't), as of the beginning of the game, no one knows where N has gone. Lastly, your rivals in BW1 have found their calling in life. Bianca has remained as Juniper's assistant for the two years, and will be the one to give you your starter 'mon. Cheren has ended up becoming a gym leader, and he'll be using Normal types. I'm not entirely sure why he traded his well-leveled team for a Patrat 'n what not, but... Whatever. It's not yet confirmed whether or not he has his own gym, or if he's replaced Lenora in Nacrene city. I would guess the former, since the new area in Unova you begin the game in is the south-west. By the time you could access Nacrene, you'd probably have three or four badges, and no gym leader would have a bloody unevolved Patrat by then.

Since Pokemon Musicals sucked, they've also been replaced by "Pokewood" (Torterra wood hammer joke = ban). Referencing Hollywood, you'll literally be makin' movies at this theater by mixing and matching script actions 'n scenarios, which you'll then be able to watch. Couldn't be as bad as the Musicals, so I ain't complainin' either way. :lol: Ain't too much information 'bout it otherwise.

... So yeah, sorry for the late update. Great start to my thread, yeah? :lol: I'll be throwin' all the information 'n such into the second post tomorrow.

Last edited:
Moar news!

Two bits I neglected to mention yesterday. The most important of which is that the Kami trio's alternate forms are obtained via the AR Searcher. The second bit is unsurprsing; there will be a Meloetta event eventually to tie in with a movie.

Oh, and I also left out a small bit of information for the PWT: new trainers will be available for download via GTS, so if for some reason they don't include every champion and gym leader in BW2, I'm very confident they'l at least be available for download at some point. Hell, maybe the GTS website might even hold polls for trainers people want to see making it into the tournament. MY VOTES FOR THE MAGIKARP FISHERMAN OF ROUTE 21

As for the recent news, a unique Meloetta Musical will be available for BW2 download at some point, which means musicals are still in the game alongside Pokewood, not replaced by. Riveting news, no? :lol: Also, some official art for the Kami trios' sacred beast forms have now been released. Can't say I'm a fan of 'em; though Tornadus looks decent enough.

Not the biggest news, 'specially not compared to the last chunk, but news none the less.

Small new tidbit of information: Hiougi City's official translated name is Aspertia City.

More importantly, the second post has been updated with all the summaries of past news 'n such. Unimportant things have been left out for the most part, 'sides from the most recent of news.

Moar news! First off, I'm rather late in posting this (as always... sorry), but we've got a new trailer; though this time, it's an animated trailer, most likely made for the purpose of sparkin' some hype. Only the Japanese one has been released, but relax, there're accurate sub titles. There's a single major plot spoiler in the trailer, so if ya don't mind that, give it a watch.

[video=youtube;e2SA4GyXb2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2SA4GyXb2U[/video]

The trailer essentially confirms two huge revelations.

1: The people behind the Pokemon anime are simply too lazy to make it any good.

2: (the actual plot spoiler)
Team Plasma are still the antagonists, albeit with an outfit change. How they are functioning without their King nor the Seven Sages (especially Ghetsis), I can't say. Looks like Neo-Team Rocket has some competition for who will be the more effective returning syndicate.

In less spoiler-related news, Homika's Gym in Tachiwaki City is revealed to be the second gym you'll be taking on. Her badge is known as the Toxic Badge (badge names are never going to be creative again, get used to it). Snapshots of future anime episodes show Homika with a Koffing as well, so it's very likely she'll have on on her team in-game.

NEWS! I have important news!

Two new Japanese commercials for BW2 have been released! The first one contains a huge spoiler for the story, the second one doesn't actually show anythin' we didn't already know. So of course, here they are.

Commercial 1:
[video=youtube;_CRRvATNOt8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_CRRvATNOt8[/video]

Commercial 2:
[video=youtube;LcVRR5SEN-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LcVRR5SEN-0[/video]

If you watched the first commercial, you'll of noticed
that N has made a return with his legendary Dragon, in an attempt to stop the also-returning-Ghetsis from doing... something with Kyurem, which is most likely what will result in Kyurem's alternate form. I had commented earlier how Ghetsis was absent from BW2; it seems that assumption was hasty, as he has obviously returned to Plasma's helm.

You'll also notice that the Gym with all that wind; clearly Mistalton's Gym; now has a new puzzle. Certainly looks more appropriate for a Flying Gym than the old cannon puzzle...

In less interesting news, Homika is confirmed to use a Koffing. What a shock.

Why have I not seen this thread?

And have you herd about the dream radar?
It's almost like downloadable content and I bet you can get dreamworld pokémon

Last edited:
Was beginning to wonder if I'd made the thread invisible or somethin'... 'Bout time someone posted. :lol:

'Course I've heard of it, I've been keeping track of all the news after all. :p Haven't mentioned it much since there ain't much important info released at the moment, aside from the fact that it's downloadable for the 3DS and it's used to get the Kami Trios' alternate forms.

More news! Nothing ground-breaking, unfortunately.

First of all, yet another trailer has been released on the Japanese Nintendo Channel. It's actually a combination of four trailers; the first one is for BW2, and doesn't actually show very much that's new. The second contains footage of the AR Searcher. The last two are the commercials that were touched upon in my last news post, so if you're looking to not see some spoilers, don't watch past 3:35.

[video=youtube;NSlaZ8GZJNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NSlaZ8GZJNg[/video]

There is one notable bit in the first trailer however; Akuroma is seen standing over Team Plasma's shield regalia... Taking into account what he said in the animated trailer, the question is, what could this mean?

In more important news, some merchandise has once again leaked something important: Keldeo has an alternate form. The merchandise in question lists Keldeo as being "Usual form", obviously implying it has an alternate one. Another leak; intentional or unintentional, I'm not sure; reveals this form as being called "Resolution Form". Of course, this may not be the finalized name, and there's no guarantee it'l be called the same once it's revealed in English.

In terms of competitive 'mons, this is very interesting. In my opinion, Keldeo is gonna be a beast as is with it's "Usual" form". Water/Fighting are two fantastic types, Water and Fighting are both great offensive typing, and both have their defensive pluses, particularly Water. It also has fantastic stats geared perfectly for sweeping or punching holes in teams. Essentially, it's Terrakion with better typing and a Special stat. With Secret Sword, it's unique tutor move, it'l also cut through Special walls like Blissey without a problem, as the move uses the foe's Defense stat, meaning Keldeo won't ever have to allocate EVs into Attack and suffer from the defense drops of Close Combat (most likely it's go-to move when breaking walls, if it lacked Secret Sword).

But it still gets better; Keldeo gets Calm Mind. Suicune's envy will be apparent since Keldeo is faster, gets an additional STAB, and learns Reflect to cover it's Defense and become even more physically bulky than Suicune with said Reflect up. With a Calm Mind boost (and probably not needing anything else), Secret Sword will shred almost any physical wall. Rain-boosted Surf will utterly destroy anything else. Unlike Terrakion, it isn't hit super-effective by any priority; hell, it resists all common priority besides Fighting.

Just like Terrakion, it's fast enough to have a Scarf slapped onto it without running a Speed boosting nature, and therefore it will make an amazing revenge killer with it's STABs alone. Not to mention Keldeo's non-fighting STAB is 100% accurate and gets boosted by weather... Keldeo will be offensively amazing with or without Rain support, is my point. It's movepool is lack-luster just like it's Rock/Fighting brother however, so I highly doubt that it'l be Uber.

However, the fact it'l get an alternate form means there may be even more competitive potential to Keldeo. Will it work like Deoxys' forms and give it a few more (notable) moves? Will it's stats completely flip-flop, or simply change a bit for better or worse? I'm highly curious whether or not this form will end up like Shaymin-S or Deoxys-D tier wise. Sadly, since there's absolutely no info besides the form's name available, that curiosity won't be sated any time soon.

So yeah, my competitive rant aside, that's all the news I've got.

Leaks in abundance, so here's some more news for ya's.

Firstly, CoroCoro's July issue has a cover that gives away a mugshot of Keldeo's Resolution form, as seen here. Keldeo's appearance doesn't seem to change very much, as all that can be made out from that small image bit is that it's horn changes blue, and it's mane is longer. Those three colored strands of mane above it's horn is also a new change, quite obviously meant to represent a rainbow of colors. blehhhh

Another new area in BW2 has been revealed: "Sangi Town". Quite obviously, that's not translated. Rumor has it that it's the second town you'll encounter in the game, but this isn't confirmed yet. It is also said that Keldeo will be able to somehow change forms in said town. Since an event you can obtain early in the game will give ya a lv. 10 Keldeo, I definitely wouldn't doubt that Sangi Town is encountered very early in the game, so it being the second town on your adventure is very plausible.
Next, the Poke Transfer system of BW1 will also be used in BW2 for transferring your 'mons from your Generation 4 games. It's a good enough system in comparison to the ol' Pal Park, but I still honestly wish they would opt for including some sort of mass-transfer option... ._. They damn-well better have said feature in the sixth generation of games. =/

The Kami Trios' Sacred Beast forms are confirmed to switch between forms using an item. Whether this will be like Shaymin's Gracidea transformation or a hold item like Giratina, is not yet known. It's also unknown if you can obtain this form-changing item without needing the AR Searcher, since you will not be catching their alternate forms in BW2. If you end up needing the AR Searcher to get the item, I'll end up using my AR Max to get the item(s) anyways. ;D

Black Kyurem and White Kyurem have the abilities of Terravolt & Turboblaze respectively, mimicking the ability of the Tao dragon Kyurem also takes the appearance of. Almost anything is better than Pressure on an offensive (Underused...) monster like Kyurem, but I'm honestly not sure how this ability will benefit it at all in competitive battles.... Prevent Quagsire from walling it after it was baton passed a Shell Smash, maybe? >_>;

Just like with the Dream World, the Dream Radar (I guess I should stop calling it the AR Searcher...) can give ya items. I dearly hope that the Soul Dew is obtainable through both of them.

Finally, one bit of news that confirms nothing, but will be giving rise to some speculation. Quite a few BW2 guides will be coming out in Japan this summer; one of which, the "Perfect National Pokedex Guide", lists every single Pokemon from #0 (Victini) to #649 (Genesect). If this guide is meant to be released this summer, WITH Genesect being listed, this very strongly points towards Genesect being revealed very soon. This is most likely an accidental leak like much Pokemon merchandise unintentionally incurs. However, this does not at all confirm that Genesect will be released by the time this guide is. There have been guides that included non-obtainable event Pokemon that hadn't had their events so much as announced yet, so it's equally possible Genesect won't show it's face on our games for the entire year. But at this point, no one really news.

Quite a few leaks, yeah? But there's still more to come once this issue of CoroCoro is released.

Serebii bloody ninja'd me, and apparently there's a ton more news!

Keldeo's Resolution form's appearance has been completely revealed. Aside from the differences already mentioned in the last post, it doesn't seem to of changed all-that much.

It turns out that my speculation yesterday over being able to change Keldeo's form early in the game was entirely incorrect, as you must have the three other musketeers in your party to obtain Resolution form. The transformation apparently takes place in the forest outside Sangi town, and happens once Keldeo learns Secret Sword. Also, it seems the three colored strands of hair Keldeo gains in Resolution form is representative of the other musketeers' power, as seen on the left page of this image.

A few version exclusives have been confirmed. Magby and Buneary's evolution lines are exclusive to Black 2, while Elekid and Skitty's evolution lines are exclusive for White 2.

Not only has the terrain of routes changes quite a bit, but cities have notably changed in design as well.

Black City and White Forest are confirmed to still be in the game.

There's a specific cave that will be differently themed depending on your version. Black 2's is a simple cave based around water, while White 2's cave will be volcanic with magma you certainly won't be surfing in. You can see a screenshot of either cave on the right.

Elesa's Gym is now modeled after a fashion show. How this will effect the puzzle of the gym is currently unknown. It's also confirmed that she now has a Flaffy, as well as the fact that her new outfit looks incredibly stupid. :lol:

A "special" Piplup knowing Sing is to be released in a wi-fi event during BW2's release... Not really anythin' too special, really.

Meloetta does indeed unlock more things in BW2 than BW1. By showing it to a certain person in Castelia, you'll get a special Fes Mission. I've yet to cover the Fes Mission feature since information is sparse, but it's essentially the same as EntraLink. You can do various "missions" with friends, and get prizes for the work.

Dream Orbs obtained in the Dream World are apparently used to power the Dream Radar, so they aren't as worthless as they were before.

Another Pokemon confirmed to be catch-able in the DR is Porygon.

The item to change the Kami Trios' forms is revealed to be the "Reflecting Mirror". It's only obtainable by taking the Landorus captured in the DR to a particular area in-game. My guess would be the Abundance Shrine, but that's yet to be confirmed.

Finally, the Sacred Beast forms are confirmed to have a new ability each. Tornadus' form being primarily defensive, it gets the oh-so useful Regenerator. I immediately take back my disbelief over a Flying type being useful for walling. :lol: Thundurus gets Volt Absorb, which is definitely a great alternative to Prankster if you're not using Thunderwave. An extra immunity is always nice. Lastly, Landorus gets Intimidate, which definitely has it's pluses over Sheer Force.

Plenty of news, yeah? There won't be very much more however, since I will not be covering any info post-release. I've been incredibly adamant over spoilers since DP, so my coverage will be ending soon with BW2's release only 9 days away..

EDIT:

But can it give you Pokémon?

first serebii, now MR. i am ninja bait lawl

As mentioned, you can get a Porygon from it, so yes. You do capture more Pokemon than just the Kami trio.

Last edited:
Besides the weird fluffy things, which I don't think she always wears, I think Elesa's new outfit is hot.

And the version affected water/magma caves are cool. [strike]Ruby/Sapphire remakes confirmed![/strike] But srsly give me those damn remakes already.

Planned team:

Samurott
Reuniclus
Eelektross
Flareon
Seviper
??? (Preferably something fast since the rest of my team is slow)

I hope I win the speculation contest on Bulbagarden, which would win me a free import of Black 2/White 2. Otherwise I'll be forced to wait for the US release.

Last edited:
Back