The Prophet Was Wrong

Chewy

Shmunior Member
Mar 29, 2007
Ohio
Wii Online Code
4482-2919-0549-8845
So remember thealmightygoat, the prophet that predicted several things such as the dragoon attack and claimed to have inside sources?

Well, he was just making stuff up. He was wrong about one of charizard's moves so he admitted that it was all a hoax. A pretty damn good hoax if you ask me though, this guy really seemed legit.

Here's his profile, the most recent update being his confession:
http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/

mushroomedmario said:
yeah he got sloppy towards the end

r.i.p. almightygoat

Yeah I just read some of his more recent updates and I thought it was really obvious that they were fake. His list of characters was too unrealistic... But before that the guys updates were really believable.

Envy said:
People actually believed him?:lol:
Why wouldn't they?

He accurately predicted a complicated item amongst many other things.

I guess he just happened to make a right guess on a few things so then everyone just started believing him on everything else.

Unless Sakurai just read his prediction that is...

It's pretty obvious that he was nothing but an attention seeker.

Somebody who was actually leaking would have told everything from the start.

He was a rather smart attention seeker, though. Most "prophets" aren't believed for a second.

Never believed him but thought he should be a Sora Ltd. Imagineer. I like his ideas so I'll continue reading his stuff. Also why the hell do people call him a prophet? He stated on numerous occasions that it bugged him so pay a little respect to the polite liar and do what he says. He backed his ideas/lies up with good reasoning and probably his finger has more politeness than any of your entire bodies. Oy!

Monsteroids said:
Never believed him but thought he should be a Sora Ltd. Imagineer. I like his ideas so I'll continue reading his stuff. Also why the hell do people call him a prophet? He stated on numerous occasions that it bugged him so pay a little respect to the polite liar and do what he says. He backed his ideas/lies up with good reasoning and probably his finger has more politeness than any of your entire bodies. Oy!

He probably didn't want people to call him a prophet because he was claiming to have inside sources, and calling him a prophet would be saying that he predicted them rather then flat out knew them. That's just my guess though.

I wasn't calling him a prophet because I believe he was, I just did it so people would know who I was talking about.

Envy said:
It's pretty obvious that he was nothing but an attention seeker.

Somebody who was actually leaking would have told everything from the start.

He was a rather smart attention seeker, though. Most "prophets" aren't believed for a second.
So someone who has a billion dollars would spend it all right away? good logic man! even i believed him (well most of what he said) because they were likely.

But oh well, because the fact remains that he is close to sakurai's way of thinking i'll still be watching his updates.

Back