The Rubik's Cube

Frogger

God Complex
Feb 16, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Wii Online Code
9156-1265-6763-2556
rubixcubeut2.jpg

So, I'm going to take you back to 1980. But, the Rubik's Cube was invented in 1974 and was originally called Magic Cube. It came popular in the United Kingdom on the children's playground, my mum was one of those people, at 11 years old she had a Rubik's Cube, and so did everyone else in the family. She said that only a few people had solved them in her class, and every time she stepped on the bus was a loud thumbling noise from all the teenage passengers clanking their Rubik's Cube.

I've tried a Rubik's Cube, but I've never owned one, probably because they used to cost £1, and now they're a tenner. I'm going to go on holiday in Somerset on Saturday to a little cottage on a hill in the middle of nowhere. That has no internet. Now, obviously I'd bring my DS with me and a baseball bat (for the times I want to kill myself) to keep my spirits up, but everyone knows countryside holidays suck. My mum ordered two cubes off the internet to keep us busy. She didn't tell me it was like having a date with the devil.

I never touched my cube, I was planning on saving it for my 'holiday' but Liverpool are getting terrible thunderstorms lately which keep nuffing up my internet. So I couldn't get any of my web pages to display for, like all of today until now. I thought, no matter, I'll play my DS. Naturally assuming the position, my mind had kicked into gear "Mario Kart > wi-fi > win." But then it said "Unable to connect to Nintendo wi-fi USB adapter." My internet signal strength is too weak to play. So I went downstairs.

Downstairs I found this scrambled cube having a stare out with me.

This cube was sitting there in neglect.

The cube looked so innocent.

I challenged this cube.

And failed.

I've been going at my cube every so often and I continue to fail. My mum, after all of her years experience still cannot do the cube, but she has always been able to do one side, I can't even manage that, she tells me to stop bugging her for instruction. My sister can do the cube in about four minutes, she's spent hours and hours studying the instructions manual. I just still can't get it.

So.

Can anyone solve a cube?

i have one of these growing up....

I hated them....maybe cause i never finished it?..lol

anyways amny hours wasted...

i can never figure it out

I don't know about solving it every single time, but I've solved a few with little difficulties.
Like anything, it needs practice. You eventually get to know the physics of the cube, and how it works.

Prez said:
I don't know about solving it every single time, but I've solved a few with little difficulties.
Like anything, it needs practice. You eventually get to know the physics of the cube, and how it works.

Teach me, oh cube master.

we went to florida for our regional basketball tournament in march, so i bought one for the flight and all the down time. it took me the first few days to get it the first time but after that it was all gravy. on the ride back someone timed me at 4 min. my record is 3:08. i can do it one handed, too... but that takes a lot longer.

i had difficulty in the beginning....but for some reason....i just stop thinking....i went mindless for those 32 minutes..... i remember starting and stopping the timer but i cant remember how i finished it...........weird

i just find it to boring

unlike sudoku puzzles

i don't find myselef as intrigued to solve them

wiizorer said:
i just find it to boring

unlike sudoku puzzles

Aren't Rubik's Cubes exactly like 3D Sudoku in a sense?

my uncle could solve that thing in 3-4 minutes.

I don't know if these people actually study these kinds of things ><

wiizorer said:
i just find it to boring

unlike sudoku puzzles

I saw a sodoku verison of a Rubik's cube. Instead of colours it had number 1 - 9.

BTW, it doesn't take me long to solve a Rubik's cube. The Rubik's cube I bought, came with a sort of a cheat-sheet. It tells you a strategy in how to solve the Cube.

Back