Things To Consider About The Next Zelda

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Firstly, some of you may have already realized these things.
But I just realized these the other day :lol:
This was also to attempt to cut down on the next Zelda game threads that we tend to experience from time to time :lol:

One, its going to be a while before the next game comes out.
I already knew that one though.

What I didn't think about was the fact that it will be built from the ground-up on the Wii. Not another Gamecube port, like Twilight Princess was, even though it was a great game.

As long as they don't decide to go back to the cartoonish Zelda (that was still good though as well), just imagine what the games visuals will be like.

We've seen games like Galaxy use the Wii's power to the max, visual wise.
It gets me real giddy imagining what the next Zelda is going to look like.

Also, with that said, we could also maybe see the next Zelda game become the best game of all time, or reviewed of all time, what ever Ocarina Of Time was ( and Galaxy is now).

Thoughts?

I wouldn't expect any zelda game ever passing Ocarina of Time. It brought in so many new ideas as the first 3-D zelda, it was, and still is, too good to ever be passed by one of its own. (You can see the same outcome from Halo)

But, I definitely don't expect a new Celda. I think that will, from now on, strictly keep to handhelds.

nic7 said:
I wouldn't expect any zelda game ever passing Ocarina of Time. It brought in so many new ideas as the first 3-D zelda, it was, and still is, too good to ever be passed by one of its own. (You can see the same outcome from Halo)

But, I definitely don't expect a new Celda. I think that will, from now on, strictly keep to handhelds.

for me, as of now, OoT is i believe to be my favorite Zelda but my favorite Video Game period...ive played and replayed that game over and over from back when i was around 8 years old and still today and i can probably tell you what's in every chest in every dungeon and even a few secrets and tricks no one even knows about *wink*

BUT, i do think the next Zelda on the Wii may very well be the greatest ever for a few reasons:

1. Presentation: While the 3-D aspect of Zelda was huge and new for the SERIES...it wasnt new ofr gaming, becuz of games like Mario 64, so just becuz the next Zelda doesnt bring the series to anew dimension doesn't mean it wont be perfect. I'm sure Nintendo can throw some of its magic powder of this next installment as well.

2. Motion-Sensing: Sure...TP used it well, but of course this was not envisioned to really be a Wii game, it was transferred there and released on both systems. Imagine how immersive a Zelda game envisioned SOLELY for the Wii could be? Imagine all the different peripherals the Wii will have and be able to use? Imagine the VISUALS? Good god.

3. Sound. Simply stated, imagine what the possibilities could be a full-fledged and fully voiced Zelda game? While its kinda scary to think of hearing Link's voice...we may not like it. But of course you need to remember if they don't get it right the first time they can always change it because alot of Zelda games dont actually feature the same Link. Just being able to hear the voice of all these characters and have REAL story-telling without text would be phenomenal.

4. Online. Whether it be simply mini-game functionality or a complete multiplayer component, the possibilities are endless.

While i know nothing about the next in the series, what i do know is that all of these are possibilities. Any Zelda fan could not dispute that an incorporation of all of these elements into our next trip to Hyrule and triumph over Ganon (or Ganondorf) would be the greatest adventure of all time. Not just for the Legend of Zelda, but for gaming as a whole.

You know what? That's an amazing post. That post has honestly convinced me that, if done right, the next zelda could stand up against OoT. I think it would take some great use of motion and some superb uses of online, but I think it can be done.

Great Post.

nic7 said:
You know what? That's an amazing post. That post has honestly convinced me that, if done right, the next zelda could stand up against OoT. I think it would take some great use of motion and some superb uses of online, but I think it can be done.

Great Post.

im in the zelda fan club for a reason :wink:

THANKS!

I forgot about the controls and was only thinking of the visuals :lol:

Come on? What's wrong with a little four swords like online co-op? (Actually Wiiware idea?) But, I wouldn't expect anything over what Metroid Prime 3 has or maybe an added on Link's Crossbow Training with online multiplayer or leader boards. Could be great!

But, definitely don't want voice acting. I don't think it'd ever happen though.

i dont see why voice acting would be bad...ok maybe Link wouldnt have a voice but like in MP3 everyone else does (hopefully LoZ would be better)

and for online play i dont know...i expect some sort of mini-game esque battles/leaderboards but a big online componenet could be cool as well, im not saying a big MMO with people running around with crossbows as guns and bombs as nades but SOMETHING

i think the next zelda game is going to literally be an orgasm in a box in the form of a video game...nothing short of it

Yeah, if they stuck to Metroid Prime 3 voice acting, where everyone talks but Link, I'd be happy. And, with some of the revelations that I've had today, and upon learning that supposedly the games been in development since before the release of TP really gives me hope for this new Zelda.

(But seriously I want an online Zelda: Four Swords Wiiware title!)

I would love to see online mini games implemented. For example, lets say there is a 'festival' of sorts in one of the towns and you can go enter in a simple competition, like the sumo wrestling of Twilight Princess, or a target practice contest...and you agree to challenge someone randomly, no friend codes...and the winner gets some rupies or bombs, or whatever...nothing critical to game progression. Just a little interactivity that doesn't upset the flow of the game...no seperate menu option, just integrate it...if it's possible.

And the better graphics will of course be sweet...

Dav_4550 said:
I would love to see online mini games implemented. For example, lets say there is a 'festival' of sorts in one of the towns and you can go enter in a simple competition, like the sumo wrestling of Twilight Princess, or a target practice contest...and you agree to challenge someone randomly, no friend codes...and the winner gets some rupies or bombs, or whatever...nothing critical to game progression. Just a little interactivity that doesn't upset the flow of the game...no seperate menu option, just integrate it...if it's possible.

And the better graphics will of course be sweet...

I like that idea. Would add a little gambling like mini game (Ala Brawl) to Zelda. And as long as you couldn't possibly meet against friends, it'd be very creative.

I would like Voice acting.
If they don't do it though, at least change the dumb expressions on the characters faces when they look at you.

But I guess thats what makes it so good :lol:

Back