This Just In!!!!!!

white89gt

WiiChat Member
Oct 18, 2006
I finally decided earlier today that GameStop employees are paid to be harrassed by crazed fan boys eagerly awaiting the release of their preferred consoles, so I picked up the phone and let my fingers do the walking......again.......today. After they answered, I asked the all important question: will there be a midnight release for the Wii? The answer as of the last chat I had with them was maybe; well this time I got the ever anticipatied YES, but only for those customers that pre-ordered their systems. I went ahead and asked when they would be notifying the pre-order customers and they said either tonight or tomorrow sometime. Anyway, I'm really glad to hear this news for more than one reason. Of course that means more Wii sooner, but it also means that I don't have to "risk" missing an early Thanksgiving with my in-laws on Sunday either.

I went through the same thing and finally got the same answer a few days ago. Definitely made my day hearing "Yes, we are doing a midnight launch..." and here too it is strictly for pre-ordered and fully paid customers...

i went in and payed my wii preorder off the other day and asked htem if they were still doing a midnight laucn hbecause last time i was in they said yes but the creepy guy that worked there said that they were no longer doing a midnight launch becuase the only people that are picking up their wii are those who preordered it.... damn gamestop... im off to go there to play the wii

I got mine from an EBGames store around here. Its kind of a small town so we only had like 3-4 available reservations. Anywho my store has been advertising a midnight release for the past month for people who reserved theirs only. Im extremely excited and cant wait to get my hands on this console. I have a feeling I wont be sleeping much Saturday night/Sunday morning. After all... Ill have Twilight Princess and Madden 07 to keep me awake.

same thing here. small eb games store near my place doing mid night launch for pre-orders only. got my pre-order ticket and cannot wait for the launch day. zelda all day sunday !!!!!!!!

Called the EB Games where I preordered and they told me no 12a but they'll open early at 9a.

Baloras

I'm going to call them on friday, and see if they are doing a midnight launch.

Back