THQ Announce Contract with UFC - Coming to Wii?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
In a press release i just received it seems THQ are announcing a contract to develop and publish exclusive UFC gaming titles for "all current and next-generation consoles, PC and handheld platforms, in addition to certain wireless rights".

Here's some extracts from the lengthy press release.
“Ultimate Fighting Championship and THQ represent the perfect marriage of rich content and proven development capabilities,” said Kelly Flock, executive vice president of worldwide publishing, THQ. “The UFC brand has seen tremendous growth in recent years with wild popularity among the core gaming demographic. This relationship serves as an extraordinary addition to THQ’s world-class license portfolio as we continue to expand our competitive sports offering.”

“Interactive is a critical opportunity for us to expand the Ultimate Fighting Championship brand,” said Dana White, UFC president. “Our goal for the UFC games is to give our growing, global fan base the opportunity to experience the most exciting live sporting event in the world – the UFC. THQ’s unparalleled development and pedigree in the fighting/action-sports genre, in addition to their leading position as a global publisher, makes them our best partner to deliver on this objective.”

Im personally a big UFC fan and would love to see the title make its way to Wii, guys we'll just have to wait and see :)

Interesting
UFC games have allways had something a bit rubbish about them
Heres hoping that THQ with there wrestling EXP will help
Edit :
Since no one has posted in this topic have to edit

Dont think this will effect the wii in any way THQ seem to like bringing the gamein equivalent of spam (IE Cars or any Disney shite) to the wii

Last edited:
hmm not sure if I can see THQ doing something like that but who knows..

THQ makes alot of Nickelodeon Games,Rugrats,Jimmy Neutron ect.

They aslo make the only good wwe games

ehh UFC really cant be a video games. there is just to many...things taht go into it. the previous UFC games are terrible.

maybe this will be better?

Theres a UFC game that was released for PSX/DC, they were the same game, but the PSX version sucked but the dreamcast version was very very good, i know because i have both :) as for other UFC games for xbox and ps2 im not sure... theres only supposed to be one UFC for xbox that was decent..Tapout 1 i believe, supposedly the 2nd sucked. But if any of you know PrideFC, there was a PS2 PrideFC game that was amazing compared to all others... i tend to like Pride more because it has more interesting fights and less Tito type fighters. But now im interested in this UFC idea for Wii since Rampage Jackson and Mirko Cro Cop joined the UFC, any UFC fighter will be no match for them, they are just in a totally different leage. Anyhow... if this game is made for Wii i just hope there isnt any.."SO YOU WANA BE AN ULTIMATE FIGHTER!" or "He took a page from Randy Couture's book!"

I'm not a huge fan of Wrestling or Kickboxing really.
But I want to know how they will incorporate the Wii Mote and Nunchuk.
Maybe just like the Wii Sports version of Boxing.

they dont have to incorporate any wiimote movements really, you can just use the analog stick to move then the buttons on the remote to highkick, lowkick, highpunch, lowpunch and takedowns. i dont think i would care if they incoporated movement or not.

Back