To buy or not to buy...

JT.

A glitch in life
Apr 16, 2007
Well, I have a DS, although it's the original model (DS Phat as people like to call it). Problem is, it has a faulty touch screen, which won't calibrate, and will draw to the left or right as were touched. It's really annoying, annoying to the point that I don't want to play any games which involve touching the touch screen, which is why I'm not even gonna buy Zelda:pH. It's also got a speaker which makes cracking noises at a certain note...

So, I'm now wondering, if it's worth buying a DS Lite. The DS has been out for over 3 years, so a new handheld could be coming out any time soon, which is why I don't know if I ought to get one. Want to know your opinions, if I should get a Lite.

PS. I live in a place without Nintendo service, meaning I can't get it repaired.

The DS Lite is selling amazingly well. It's very unlikely they'll be replacing it with something new within the next few years.

I'd say the DS has another couple years in it, so I would probably get another since it's your touchsceen that's messed up.

Trade your DS Phat into EB/Gamestop right now, they're having a "Get $20 Extra for Console trade-ins". You might as well get the DS Lite now as a new handheld won't be out any time soon.

The DS is inly in it's "young adult" phase of its life, it's got a long ways to go.

at rivaldestiny, he can't trade it in because they keep trade in records and when they find out they have a broken DS they will make him pay the money back

krisv2010 said:
at rivaldestiny, he can't trade it in because they keep trade in records and when they find out they have a broken DS they will make him pay the money back

heh, I've gotten away with trading in broken guncon controllers, gamecube controllers, and un-formatted memory cards =P...never had a call back.

They even released a new color. Or.. They released it to get attention because the sales drop... Nah.. ,)

JAKE196 said:
I'd buy a used lite on ebay or somethin'

yeah i think now that many games will involve the touch screen so you can probably sell your old ds on ebay or something and have them fix it or something :aureola:

hmmm *ponders*
well, all i can think is that ur in one hell of a problem there my friend...

Guess I better get a new one. Now I just need to choose between silver and black...

I could just as well give my old one to my sister as a christmas present :lol:

Back