Two Zelda Games and Virtual Console Headed for Wii U

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-pictures-picture8641-zelda-skyward-sword-1.png

Finally some Wii U news from Nintendo that we can really get excited about, as yesterday Nintendo announced two new Zelda games for the Wii U during the regular Nintendo Direct video bulletin. Possibly mindful of the console’s lack of classic Nintendo characters so far, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said that fans can expect some top game franchises to be heading to the Wii U, and Legend of Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma then going on to announce that there would be two new Zelda games for Wii U. The video bulletin also saw the welcome news that the Virtual Console will be coming to the Wii U e-shop in the spring via a system update, and will include a selection of NES and SNES games, as well as Game Boy Advance games which will be added at a later date. Prices will be the same as for Virtual Console on Wii. As far as Nintendo’s other beloved franchise is concerned, Nintendo says that Mario Kart and Yarn Yoshi games are also in the works, although they didn’t specify if they were for both Wii and Wii U. And, possibly the best news of all is the fact that Nintendo’s EAD Tokyo Software Development team, the one responsible for the Super Mario Galaxy games on Wii and Super Mario 3D Land on Nintendo 3DS, is currently working on a new 3D Mario action game for Wii U, which is due to be unveiled at E3 later this year. Better late than never!

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]Nintendo, http://nintendo.co.uk/nintendodirect

cool! so are they thinking of remaking Zelda games for Wii U platform, or a whole new Zelda game?
either way, i'm excited for it

cool! so are they thinking of remaking Zelda games for Wii U platform, or a whole new Zelda game?
either way, i'm excited for it

I know, me too! I think it must be new games, people would be very disappointed if it was just some revamped Wii games.

It's probably referring to the Wind Waker remake and "Zelda U", the mysterious Zelda that we have almost no info for, other then that it'll be long.

I wonder what this new Mario 3D game will be?

I mean this
And, possibly the best news of all is the fact that Nintendo’s EAD Tokyo Software Development team, the one responsible for the Super Mario Galaxy games on Wii and Super Mario 3D Land on Nintendo 3DS, is currently working on a new 3D Mario action game for Wii U, which is due to be unveiled at E3 later this year. Better late than never!

Back