Update on the Wii Mod Chips

TexasDudeUSA

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
(This should be a sticky, but if people disagree, which happens, it doesn't have to be).

I wanted to get an update on the Wii Mod Chips. Yes these are standard questions everyone has been asking but they should be posted here as I'm sure they've changed:

What mod chips are CURRENTLY available for purchase?

Do you have a mod chip?

If you have a mod chip, which one and why did you get it?

Which is the best mod chip?

Where did you get your mod chip?

How much did you pay?

How long did it take to get your mod chip?

If you sent it in to get premodded with the chip, how much was it and how long did it take and who did you do it with?

And how are the chips working out? Any Nintendo Update ruining them?

And lastly, the chips that can be updated via CD/DVD, there should be no worry about Nintendo releasing an update to get rid of the chips because of 1: Stealth Mode, and 2: DVD Updates? (Besides the WiiNinja, which no one should get).

Any other questions we should add, do it. The more info, the better.

I wanted to get an update on the Wii Mod Chips. Yes these are standard questions everyone has been asking but they should be posted here as I'm sure they've changed:

What mod chips are CURRENTLY available for purchase?

A. Wiinja (Crap), Cyclowiz and Wiikey are on par. There are some others, but they aren't as known.

Do you have a mod chip?

A. Not personally, will be getting one though.

If you have a mod chip, which one and why did you get it?

A. I'd recommend either Cyclowiz or Wiikey.

Which is the best mod chip?

A. Matter of opinion really, what do you think?

Where did you get your mod chip?

A. I'd recommend Divineo.

How much did you pay?

A. Expect to pay upto $50 (some will be cheaper).

How long did it take to get your mod chip?

A. Most people report around a week or less.

If you sent it in to get premodded with the chip, how much was it and how long did it take and who did you do it with?

A. Who is premodding?

And how are the chips working out? Any Nintendo Update ruining them?

A. I've heard they work great and nobody is having issues.

And lastly, the chips that can be updated via CD/DVD, there should be no worry about Nintendo releasing an update to get rid of the chips because of 1: Stealth Mode, and 2: DVD Updates? (Besides the WiiNinja, which no one should get).

A. Who knows? If the chips are updateable then they shouldn't ever be turned off by Nintendo. Just keep watching the news before you go updating.

Wiip chip is a another modchip.
And I will be getting a Wii modchip because of region lock and piracy (don't flame)
cos in Latvia we have about 2-3 Wii games :s (which i don't even buy. bought all mine from ebay and hmv.co.uk)
and the reason i don't buy in Latvia cos the games cost 60Ls in USD it is $112,36
By the way a Wii in Latvia was 259Ls thats $485 (and of course I didn't buy my Wii in Latvia)

XLaw said:
Wiip chip is a another modchip.
And I will be getting a Wii modchip because of region lock and piracy (don't flame)
cos in Latvia we have about 2-3 Wii games :s (which i don't even buy. bought all mine from ebay and hmv.co.uk)
and the reason i don't buy in Latvia cos the games cost 60Ls in USD it is $112,36
By the way a Wii in Latvia was 259Ls thats $485 (and of course I didn't buy my Wii in Latvia)
And I was thinking that Turkey was the only country with outrageous pricing on Wii.. :)

Over here, a Wii costs 800YTL (575$) and a game costs 150YTL (108$). Haha, we still have the upper hand on insane prices on the console itself :p

Of course I got mine imported from US. But Wii is somehow still sold out here, even with these prices.. :eek:ut:

Back