Us Ps3 Sales Disappointing

Think_Tank

Reppin' the big N in GR.
May 24, 2006
This cold, big island.
This just in (article from Greek economic newspaper- i will translate and provide links)

Sony is reported to have sold only 197.000 PS3s in November, making only half of the target sales (according to NPD Group Inc.), due to problems of unit production and sales.

In contrast, the Wii sold 476.000 consoles, and the XBOX 360, introduced last year in markets, sold 511.000 consoles.

Sony announced an increase in exports to the US to satisfy request, and replaced Ken Kutaragi (creator of Playstation) with Karz Hirai to lead its game development teams.

Analysts predicted that, had Nintendo imported more Wiis in the US, they would have achieved even better sales, and Nintendo itself announced the export of 2 million wiis in the US to satisfy request.

http://www.insomnia.gr/ (not that most of you will be able to read it, but there so that you can see that im not makin **** up :lol: :lol: )

well i went to my local super walmart and was looking for some accessories for my wii, and found like 5 PS3's still in the glass cases. Nobody is buying these things for some reaon, what could it be. i thought the PS3 was the system to die for, obviously not, but ive asked people who are looking for a PS3 why they arent selling that much and they say the PS3's are having problems

937dytboi said:
well i went to my local super walmart and was looking for some accessories for my wii, and found like 5 PS3's still in the glass cases. Nobody is buying these things for some reaon, what could it be. i thought the PS3 was the system to die for, obviously not, but ive asked people who are looking for a PS3 why they arent selling that much and they say the PS3's are having problems

simple.
for that price, might as well get a new PC. :frown2: :D

One time Vin Diesel was walking down Broadway and got a boner.... no one survived..

Anyway, the reason i think the PS3s aren't selling is just because look at its predecessor PS2. Remember all those problems they had? I think that shied people away from purchasing this console. Plus they did have all those bugs w/ the Blu Ray

One time chuck norris was walking through the forest - trying to find hippies to use as firewood. When a boar crossed his path. Big mistake. Chuck Norris lifted the boar into the air with his mind, and digested the boar telekenetically. And Chuck Norris wasn't even hungry.
(- or something like that)

No-one's gonna buy a 500$ console that has no good games - only second rate fps's and ridge racer.

EDIT
By no-one I mean "only idiots"
and by "only idiots" I mean complete f*cking retards who think the concept of brand loyalty is a good thing...

Last edited:
vlad said:
simple.
for that price, might as well get a new PC. :frown2: :D

Build me a PC for $600... please do it right now and I want to see the specs. PM them to me or post back here... let's see.

ABC said:
Build me a PC for $600... please do it right now and I want to see the specs. PM them to me or post back here... let's see.

I could....

But it would be Sh*t.

vagrant said:
bill gates has a 500 acre piece of land with warehouses to store all the xbox360's he himself bought.

i think we got a sony fanboy... just jking...

but for the last post, its taken a year for hte 360 to make a profit because the system cost a lot to make, in the beggining MS was losing about $150 per console, now they have finally started to make money on each sold... and as for hte ps3 they are loosing about $200 per each console... but lets see in a year how each are doing...

fanaticalmoose said:
i think we got a sony fanboy... just jking...

but for the last post, its taken a year for hte 360 to make a profit because the system cost a lot to make, in the beggining MS was losing about $150 per console, now they have finally started to make money on each sold... and as for hte ps3 they are loosing about $200 per each console... but lets see in a year how each are doing...
yes i do beleive MS started profiting maybe $30 per sale in the middle of this summer

That sucks for Sony. Oh well they should've made their consoles better.

Back