USB Wii Ports?

$tephenGiles

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
Hi all,

I have noticed that there is two usb ports on the Wii. What are these used for?? Could i use a USB data stick to save games on like you do with the SD card? or can you only save games by using a SD card only??

Thanks in advance
Stephen

USB sticks all require different drivers. Drivers that don't exist for the Wii.

The USB ports will be used for Nintendo's accessories, not just for any old thing that happens to have a USB connector ;)

ya, just wait. in a year there will be uses for em. remember this is a new system

Later on there will be a USB keyboard, and maybe a USB headset. Don't go out and buy them now. Wait and see if Nintendo makes their own USB devices strictly for the Wii. We'll know more in March. I hope.

USB Keyboard

I was able to hook up a keyboard and it worked fine. After talking to nintendo they told me a stardard USB keyboard would work but anything with extra features that require software would not work (Macro button's)

Were are the USB ports on the wii I have looked but couldnt find them.I found the NGC controller plug ins and the NGC memory card spots but I cant find the USB ports.Can any one help please?

No I really didnt look that hard but I did glance it over.I was really to lazy to look very hard.But I appreciate all the help here,thanks.

i would yell and curse at your right now. But i was warned the last time i did it. So next time save us all some time on our keyboards and look just a tiny bit harder. Or! buy a pair of glasses

GhOsT55 said:
i would yell and curse at your right now. But i was warned the last time i did it. So next time save us all some time on our keyboards and look just a tiny bit harder. Or! buy a pair of glasses

dont be mean. not his fault hes a noob.

LOL Newb

:devil: I'm somewhat a newb but I will say that I did something that most people havn't done. Thats read the book then experament with other hardware. For an example did you know you can connect a 40g USB hard drive format it to FAT (NOT FAT 32) and it will pick it up as an SD card
/:)

Back