video game trading

I think this has been brought up before, but nothing has been done. I don't see anything bad about having one, and it has worked on other forums that I go to without any problems. I definitely wouldn't use it, since I don't give my trust very easily, but that doesn't mean we can't have one.

Well...It's hard to say though. I know Jill doesn't like the ideer.

I would probably use it, only with people I've got to know on here though.

This isn't eBay.
There are plenty of places you can go to if you want to buy/sell/trade games.
Don't know what i0n actually thinks about this idea, but I don't see it happening here.
For starters, it would bring a whole new type of crowd to the forum that we really don't need here. Plus i0n doesn't want to be liable for people getting scammed, losing money and whatnot.
Forget it was ever mentioned and perish any thoughts of it you might have.

Many many (if not all popular) game related sites have a buy/sell/trade forum and I've never seen the forum blamed for a scammer.

it would bring a whole new type of crowd to the forum that we really don't need here
The type that want to sell their Wii?:lol:

ciper said:
Many many (if not all popular) game related sites have a buy/sell/trade forum and I've never seen the forum blamed for a scammer.

The type that want to sell their Wii?:lol:

Like any other situation (release of pokemon, release of wii, etc..), this forum would get a surge of new members because of the new feature.
Along with ANY members wanting to buy/sell/trade, we would get just as many people looking to scam/advertise/etc..
Anywhere (ANYWHERE) there is buying/selling/trading going on, you will not be able to stop those who want to take advantage of people. It just comes with it.

I really do not think that you would see a surge in registrations only due to allowing buying and selling of games.

I belong to numerous off-road forums, and they all allow users to buy and sell items. In my experience 99.99% of the sale go off without a hitch. That hobby seems to support camaraderie and community quite a bit more though. When a sale goes south, there is quite a bit of rallying around the person being short-changed, and most of the time those sales get worked out.

There is some software available that implements ebay-like user ratings that work out quite well.

dakota same with my weapons forum we buy sell and trade in the equipment exchange. but look at their clientele and members vs ours. it wouldn't go very well. my guess is do it privately through pay pal or some other private organization to buy and sell games

if this kid is from ny i have no problem doing trades if hes willing to meet me in nyc at my job or something for added security- hypothetically speaking

The_Loose_Cannon said:
dakota same with my weapons forum we buy sell and trade in the equipment exchange. but look at their clientele and members vs ours. it wouldn't go very well. my guess is do it privately through pay pal or some other private organization to buy and sell games

if this kid is from ny i have no problem doing trades if hes willing to meet me in nyc at my job or something for added security- hypothetically speaking

Seriously: could you, just once, spell my username correctly?

dakuda said:
Seriously: could you, just once, spell my username correctly?

my spelling is shot to sh*t now. im on the wii atm.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
my spelling is shot to sh*t now. im on the wii atm.

Every time you refer to me, it is typed incorrectly.

dakuda said:
Every time you refer to me, it is typed incorrectly.

t9 input dude

no matter what, you're going to be spelt like the state

The_Loose_Cannon said:
t9 input dude

no matter what, you're going to be spelt like the state

So, you are too lazy to properly refer to members of this site? It is what, 3 more button presses? :rolleyes:

Back