Vizio 37" LCD TV and My Wii

CaliforniaBeachUSA

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
I have been playing my Vizio 37" LCD TV and My Wii together for a few days now and was wondering. I have everything connected with standard cords (the red, yellow, and white) but I remember something about different inputs in the back of the TV and different cords can make all the difference. What is that about and here is the list of holes/inputs I have in the back of my TV:

VIZIO L37 (L37) LCD TV - VIZIO HDTV TVs, HDTV Monitors

Sorry I had to post the link, but It won't let me copy and paste the specs I need. That site also has the resolution and the TV is HDTV built in. I don't know if that helps. Let me know. :thumbsup:

Can you point me in the right direction? What do I need to buy? Link? And what does that mean? I'm a newbie to new TV's.

Why aren't they in stock? It couldn't be because of the Wii & PS3. Those cables have been out for years and theres million of them (literally).

They are out of stock because people bought them all. That was a stupid question..... Ps3 and wii do not use the same cables. They have different connectors. You cant just use normal component cables, they have to be made for the wii. Google it and you can find a set to buy. I believe nintendo is releasing the next wave of them in early december.

What happens if I have a System Selector? Do I need to buy component cables for all of them or just the main connector to the TV? Also, are component cables/the component input the best quality input for the wii/consoles? Or is there a HD Cable? (Or something like that?)

CaliforniaBeachUSA said:
What happens if I have a System Selector? Do I need to buy component cables for all of them or just the main connector to the TV? Also, are component cables/the component input the best quality input for the wii/consoles? Or is there a HD Cable? (Or something like that?)

What a stupid question again. You should use component cable if you want to output 480p picture.

There are no HD cables for the Wii. Right now, component is the best we have (component and composite are the only ones available, component being 480p, the highest we have).

The reason the component cables are so hard to get right now is because they use a proprietary connector to connect to the Wii. So you could buy a normal component cable, but it wont fit.

Back