Was galaxy delayed? Toys-R-Us didn't let me pre-order.

sirgrim

Casually Hardcore
Sep 18, 2007
I went to toys r us the other day. They had the mario galaxy pre-order display set up, saying they were giving out free mario coins with pre-orders.

I got to the register and tried to pre-order, and was told the date was pushed back and they are not supposed to sell pre-orders yet. What's up with that? Is the game still on schedule?

Ended up just getting Rune Factory for the DS.

i keep seeing something at Target about them running out of coins or something for the preorders...not sure exactly what it is though

GC8 said:
i keep seeing something at Target about them running out of coins or something for the preorders...not sure exactly what it is though

Weird. I wanted the coin, I've never pre-ordered any game before. I was just looking for zak and wiki, which they didn't have either :(

The game is done, the discs are pressed and packed into boxes. The only thing that could delay the release now if there was a UPS strike leaving no one to deliver them to the stores. Many Gamestop stores have it running on their demo Wiis, and it's the full retail disc.

samXcor3 said:
psh, dont go to toys r us for games haha.

Why not? It's a kids store. How many kids do you know that can buy there own games? Usually they have to ask mommy. This results in a lot of great games being there. My Toys-R-Us has the best DS selection you could find. They were the only place I could find Tetris DS, Pheonix Wright, Rune Factory, and other games that kids don't buy. Since older gamers think Toys R Us is junk, it leaves all the good stuff staying in store longer for me.

Anyway, the cashier did tell me the game was delayed. Not sure if she was right, or just didn't want to write up a pre-order slip.

I'm gunna preorder it today

so I'll let you know how it goes

will be from EB games

I never asked about it but I saw the sign at my local TRU. Having worked a TRU in the past I would have to say they honestly did get word its going to be delayed but its not 100% so the boss sends word to the r-zone staff no pre-orders until delay is for sure or not true at all. Its the safe way to do it, meanwhile stores who are also doing pre-orders like EB cash in because TRU is not sure.

No it's not delayed. Too close. They said it was coming out Nov. 12 and that's final.

Back