Jan 28, 2007
Scotland
Wii Online Code
4037-3554-3960-7367
Name: Custom Robo Arena
Platform: Nintendo DS
Rating: 7+
Wi-Fi: Yes

I am bringing this review to you, the Wiichat members, from the WDsRT.
The first time I heard about this game, I thought it sounded crap. Now I can't get enough of it!

Gameplay: The gameplay on this game is very good, and it's really easy to understand the buttons and what they do. After a little while you'll find that you will get into your own rythm and you will end up making up your own combos! Robo, for short, is kinda like a Pokemon game as you walk about and talk to people and fight them with your Robo. For those who are new to the game, you fight people with Robots and you use guns, bombs etc. I'll explain more later in this review.:thumbsup: After a lot of battles or after only one battle (if your in a holloseum with magma) your Robo gets dirty and you have to polish it using the stylus. I found this very amusing, but when your Robo is really dirty, it takes a while to get it really clean! A holloseum is a stadium where your Robos battle in. You can also customise your Robo, changing the legs, guns, bombs, pods (which is kinda like a bomb) and you get all sorts of Robos! I found it really cool that you got to customise your Robo. There's quite a lot of conspiracy later in this game too...

Wi-Fi: The Wi-Fi is brilliant...for some people! Frankly, I am bad online! I do like the Wi-Fi but I'm just not that good at it. I didn't think this game would have Wi-Fi but I was glad to see that it did!

Story: The story is about you, a boy who has just moved to a new town and is also destined to become the Robo Cup Champion! Some of you will be like :wtf: The Robo Cup is a tournament that you enter later in the game, but something goes wrong at the first one. Then you go to a second one even later in the game and this time it's for real! *Thank God!* You meet two new friends, Liv and Dennis. Dennis is kinda geeky with the hi-tech thing-a-ma-bob talent and Liv is a girl who loves to win basically. She's tough for a girl!:yesnod:

Graphics: As I said earlier, the game is kinda like Pokemon, so when your walking around the graphics are kinda Pokemon-ish too. When your in a battle though, the graphics change completely. The Robos are in 3D and so is the holloseum.

Lasting appeal: Custom Robo is really long and I don't even think I'm anywhere near finished it yet. That's me passed the second Robo Cup by the way!:lol: I'm really addicted to this game right now! I know someone who has completed the game and he said that there is nothing much to do after you complete it though. So it has bad replayability!

Conclusion: The game was really fun to play and it was challenging at most points, some people are reeeeally easy though!

Gameplay: 8.5/10
Wi-Fi: 8.5/10 (I'm really not that bad at the Wi-Fi!)
Story: 9/10
Graphics: 8/10
Replayability: 2/10

OVERALL RATING: 9.1/10

A WDsRT review from Wii-Bhoy!:smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
Back