Weeks go by, no mention of the new Wii version?

billcsho said:
I just heard that the new European PAL Wii is now shipped with D2C chip which none of the current mod chips work even with all the IC legs intact.
The D2C chips are still rare in the wild. None of the modchip developers have them in hand to test with yet so while it is true that they can't be modded currently I wouldn't worry for long.

mushroomedmario: Three legs on the IC. I guess you could also say three pins?

It is true that it may just take time for the mod chip developer to catch up with the new chip. Nevertheless, there are several mod chips that still do not work on D2B chip. So the change of chip would delay the development and update of the mod chips and only those with strong support team may survive. On the other hand, what if the new chip has the circuits to those 3 legs disconnected internally? I don't see a way to get around this yet.:wtf:

The Wiip2 is supposedly compatible with D2C chipsets and is in beta testing! Its being desgined by team xecutor of Xbox fame

We figured that the Wii mod scene was done. You had the Wiinja & Cyclowiz first. Then the Wiikey came out along with its multitude of clones. The Wiifree Project then rose from the ashes as an excellent homebrew setup with a great following. However after all these advancements we still see boot problems, disc loading errors, instability, temperature problems, slow updates or even no updates at all etc etc etc

It's been known for some time that we were involved with the highly regarded TCNiSO team in developing a new advanced version of their amazing opensource Wii Project (Wiip) however we have kept quiet on the matter until things were progressing to its final stages. Our goal was to team up with a dedicated Wii team and apply our own expertise to create a rock solid, professional yet affordable mod that had every feature that you could ever possibly ask for - the main being that it had to be absolutley reliable, future proof and simply that it just works with no fuss or frills.

We are pleased to announced that the project is pretty much complete. Currently codenamed "Wiip 2", this will be the most advanced and most stable mod to be released thusfar for the Wii console.

This is a picture of our development unit. The final design is in progress and will be much leaner with a totally different layout / installation procedure
Wiip2.jpg

The feature list is quite extensive and is always ongoing due to its massive 8k upgradeable capacity.

* Legal Distribution - Mod Is Blank From Point Of Sale
* Boots All DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW
* Boots All Wii Backups
* Boots All Gamecube Backups & Homebrew
* Supports All DMS, D2A and D2B chipsets (D2C is almost done)
* Supports NTSC/PAL/JAP
* Easy Install - Only 5 Simple Solder Points
* 100% Upgradable - Massive 8k Flash
* First Mod To Upgrade Via DVD, LPT & USB !
* Ultra Fast 20Mhz ATMEGA8 CPU
* Huge 8KB of Flash Update Space
* External Clock to Control Read/Write Timing Protocol
* Diagnostic LED's
* Extra Features Via Dip Switches
* No More "Disc Loading Error" That You See On Many Other Mods
* Rock Solid In All Temperatures (Wii Gets Too Hot = No Problems)
* Massive OpenSource Support
* Can Be Used as a Universal Microcontroller Device - Many Future Uses
* Mod Is Not Locked In Anyway Way - You Are In Control
* This List Is Not Exhaustive - Many More Options & Functions Soon...

We are sure that this will be THE definitive Wii Mod Project. We are not interested in working overtime to protect against clones or hiding developments in fear of those who want to make a fast buck on our work. If people want to do that they will do it, the only thing that stops them is if the official product is high quality with great support and is smartly priced. The issue at hand here is to make a rock solid Wii mod that will once again have input from the community so YOU can play a role in its development (or not - where you can simply use the latest updates as a complete package as and when they are released). We will make sure the design is optimized to be as cost effective as possible so there will be no need go shopping for clones knowing that your investment in the Wiip community is the very best choice when deciding on your Wii Upgrade.

jeeez...ppl tryin to tell me my wii is screwd up or soemthing lol :p...legs broken and all..haha..jk.......oh well..i wont be modding my wii ne wayz....im done with mods...i modded my xbox's ..that was fun for a while...but ...im just gunna kick it with the wii old school :p

Back