What batteries to use for the Wiimote?

marioatemyhamster

WiiChat Member
Mar 9, 2007
Evening all,
Being the proud owner of a new Wii I have made the mistake of loading Wii Sports and buying Zelda, i.e. I'm COMPLETELY addicted to playing!

I can see myself getting through more batteries than those fat people zooming around on their shopmobility carts so I was wondering whether anyone here uses rechargeables?

It says on the Wiimote guide that only Alkaline batteries should be used but I can't see the harm in using rechargeable, non-alkaline batteries.

So, if anyone uses rechargeable batteries I'd be very grateful for your advice.

Back to bowling…

I use duracel rechargeables, so far nothing wrong with them

I use rechargeables... and BTW does anybody know WHY they put you can only use ONE kind of battery? :crazy: It really doesn't make any sense to me. :lol:

I use Duracell rechargeables and they work really good...if you put in two different batteries like e.g. one fully charged and one like half charged the device will suck power primarily from the half charged battery...Oh and also if you mix larger capacity batteries with lower capacity batteries e.g. one 1750 mAH and one 2000 mAH it reduces the effectiveness of the larger capacity batteries...:crazy:

Last edited:
using rechargable energiser digitals,2500mAh, last for ages and ages,two weeks and still say full,though will probly only get ne more week outta them before they need charging,however i have this turning up sometime soon!
lg1539908.jpg

Thanks guys for the posts. I think it's fair to say that I'll be switching to rechargeables when the present set of batteries run out.

It's also nice to know that I won't be contributing potentially harmful batteries to landfills too.

Back