what is your BIGGEST pet peeve?

• Thread starter The_Loose_Cannon
  • Start date
T

The_Loose_Cannon

UPDATE PAGE 3- what is your BIGGEST pet peeve?

***A pet peeve (or pet hate) is a minor annoyance that can instill extreme frustration in an individual. Typically each person has several pet peeves that aggravate her or him more than the average person. Another person may not react as negatively or at all to the same circumstance*** - cited from wikipedia.com

i hate repetition. i cant stand when i say something and then 2 seconds later, i have to repeat myself. it erks me and its something i ENCOUNTER EVERY DAY considering my job.

i also hate people who are uneduated that put their imput on a subject they cant relate to. i see that here ALOT when people ask a question on this forum, people thread hijack and it becomes a different topic than what was originally posted! grrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad2:

so now, what are some of yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely cannot stand it when someone chews gum with their mouth open. I can't think of a sound that is more revolting, and when someone nearby (e.g. on a bus) does it, I have to resist the urge to punch them.

i hate talking TOO much. so when i have to repeat myself, my temper just builds up. but the worst has to be when people go to the toilet, come out without washing thier hands and then talk to you by touching you as they speak. i am a clean freak and this sort of s**t angers me.

Byuakuya said:
i hate talking TOO much. so when i have to repeat myself, my temper just builds up. but the worst has to be when people go to the toilet, come out without washing thier hands and then talk to you by touching you as they speak. i am a clean freak and this sort of s**t angers me.

I don't have so much of a problem with repeating myself, but I must agree on the second one. Ugh.

Aside from that...I dunno if I have any pet peeves. Nope. I'm a pretty laid back kinda guy I guess.

i have the pacients of a saint but im a germ-a-phobe myself as well! they say if you "lick" the NYC metro subway poles, they cure cancer! (im totally lying, i carry tissues in my police bag along with "skel gel" IE sanitation purel for that reason! its NASTY!)

i forgot to add, i hate NYC tourists. again, not to sound racist, BUT when i have to go into manhatten for a security detail (i primarily work out of the bronx-ish) i see SO many asian tourists with the cameras that walk 2 steps a mile. they stop and take pics of EVERYTHING! once, i went to the statue of liberty when i was REALLY younge (about 7 or so) with my cousins from las vegas. my cousin stephanie is PETRIFIED of heights but neglected to tell my mom or anyone else. she looked over the "balchony" and PUKED all over. some japaneese guy filmed the whole thing and she had a huge crowd! ok yeah thats hilarious BUT it just annoys me NOW that they see a sign that says "no parking at any time" or "alternate side parking in effect" and they take pics, stop DEAD IN THE MIDDLE and you knock into them from them walking under your feet and laugh! DONT UNDERSTAND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i absolutely hate people who chew things with their mouths open! my lord the noise is terrible....and its not a good sight either!

I hate when people walk slower than the obvious flow of traffic!
I also hate when people don't spell correctly!

Umm....I think that's about it.

Oh, and braggards. I hate those.

i cant stand when people write with mechanical pencils vertically and the led tip is short so it makes a huge screeching sound that they NEVER seem to notice

Sovieto said:
i cant stand when people write with mechanical pencils vertically and the led tip is short so it makes a huge screeching sound that they NEVER seem to notice

I am with you there. Another one of my pet peeves is people eating soup. It disgusts me, that awful slurping noise and chewing..blech. Especially my friend Ryan,I think he does it to piss me off or something. Another pet peeve of mine is when one of friends comes over, looks around and sees my guitar. So what do they do? They go ahead and start playing it!! That gets me EXTREMELY pissed off! Not only are they playing it, but there just going CRAZY on it (I wouldn't really mind that, but I put on .9 strings, so they can break easily), and they don't even ask!

I hate it when people talk to you a lot and spit on you, especially when you're eating. But hey, I have to put up with it everyday. I might share more pet peeves later.

Back