what kind of pokemon gym leader would you be?

I would run a fire-type sunny day gym. My team would consist of things like nine tales to summon eternal sun, volcarona, charizard, definately arcanine, maybe even chandelure and infernape.

Yep, this totally can go in the Pogeymanz sub-forum. It's not like everyone is gonna post a team for every gym in every region. :lol:

My gym's type, that's tough to say, man... Real tough. My gut tells me to say Dragon, but my team would totally be overpowered since I'd be the 8th gym leader. :lol: So I'll go with Electric (gtfo Volkner, sombre 'n tough Electric gym leader is my gig). Dunno 'bout the levels, but they'd probably be around the 50's 'cause I'm a pompous, prideful asshat. The team would go somethin' like this.

Raichu: Highest level by a long shot as my signature 'mon, but since it ain't all that tough, it needs those extra levels to be intimidating. Probably +10 over the second highest level my team (into the 60s).

Jolteon: I just-plain like it, second highlest level. It'd definitely have Baton Pass 'n Charge Beam.

Electivire: It's strong. All physical moveset.

Luxray: Same as Electivire. I'd have it lead my team since it'd have intimidate.

Manectric: 'Cause I have a shiny one, and it's one the five (... uh, or was it four?) shinnies I caught randomly myself. :p Nothin' says swag for a trainer like a battle-ready shiny.

If rematched, I'd tack on a legendary you can't find in the region: namely, either Thundurus or Zapdos. Levels would be pumped up a good 20.

My gym would be damn-simple. There'd be two battles of every type (single, double, triple, rotation), and then the leader. No bullshit puzzles, just a gauntlet. The gym trainers would also do a lot of strategies specifically based for the type of battle such as Gyarados and a Lightning Rod ability electric type, rain dance and Lanturn/thunder abusers for double/triple, Pokemon with godly coverage like Electivire for Rotation, evasion n00b hax via Double Team for singles, etc.

Last edited:
Ha, easy.

Water-type gym. Let's say 7th, since CK is already 8th.

Gyarados (lv. 44) (Intimidate) Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, Bite, Thunderbolt
Quagsire (lv. 45) (Water Absorb) Rain Dance, Mud Bomb, Yawn, Scald
Omastar (lv. 47) (Swift Swim) Mud Shot, Brine, Rock Tomb, Protect
Sharpedo (lv. 50) (Speed Boost) Waterfall, Crunch, Ice Fang, Earthquake

For the rematch, I would also be using a male Jellicent and Feraligatr. With much higher levels for everything, of course, as well as better movesets.

As for the gym, it would be in a water cave near the ocean. I dunno exactly how it would work, but it would have a simple concept.

Last edited:
i would be a grass gym the 6th
serperior lv 44 (overgrow) magical leaf , leaf blade ,leech seed and retaliate
whimsicott lv 43 (chlorophyll ) razor leaf ,sunny day , solarbeam, magical leaf
simisage lv 44 (overgrow ) magical leaf ,acrobatics , double team ,foul play

and in the rematch :
virizion lv 75 (justified ) magical leaf , double kick , quick attack , sword dance
serperior lv 74 (overgrow) magical leaf , leaf blade ,leech seed and retaliate
whimsicott lv 73 (chlorophyll ) razor leaf ,sunny day , solarbeam, magical leaf
simisage lv 74 (overgrow ) magical leaf ,acrobatics , double team ,foul play

my TM would be : magical leaf

Ah, the TM... Didn't think of that. My Gym's TM would have to be Wild Charge since two of my Pokemon learn it by TM, and Raichu would be usin' Volt Tackle. For more than half my Electric team to be usin' recoil moves makes sense for it to be said TM.

As for the gym, it would be in a water cave near the ocean. I dunno exactly how it would work, but it would have a simple concept.

ohai ripping off blaine

Water cave ≠ an ice cave.

And it would have a different atmosphere. A more eerie and lonely one.

I'd probably be the first gym leader and be more focused on Normal types so I'd do something say like this.

Gym: No puzzles, just a straight pathway with a few trainers in the way, kind of similar to Brock's gym but with grey panels and the rocky areas being replaced with small patches of grass and the pathway will be simply made of dirt.

Pogeymans:
Zigzagoon (Level: 13) Headbutt, Sand-attack, Facade, Tail-Whip. Held item: Oran Berry
Zangoose: (Level: 15) Quick Attack, Facade, Leer, Fury Cutter. Held item: Not thought of one yet.

Simple but it works aye?

You? Normal types? ONLY THE FIRST GYM???

... And who the hell likes Normal type the most?

get ur spam outta here

I DO!!! And someone had to take the painful place of first gym leader so I was it! Oh I wonder why CK, the 8th gym leader decided to take 8th is because it's the most bad-ass position for a gym leader to be in! Besides I like those two Normal types the most and wanted to do something with them and there has never been a normal gym since (my memory tells me this so i'll be wrong probably) Norman from 3rd gen and there wasn't enough likable pokemon for me to choose from unless I expanded into Normal Flying types in which case I would've chose a frikin Pidgey because they da man.

Black 'n White had Lenora leadin' the Nacrene City Gym with Normal types, actually. In BW2, there'l be a new Leader who uses Normal types as well to take her place.

Black 'n White had Lenora leadin' the Nacrene City Gym with Normal types, actually. In BW2, there'l be a new Leader who uses Normal types as well to take her place.

Well i'd use a Zigzagoon and Zangoose...I like them and besides some of the later evolutions are so ugly I couldn't even consider thinking up more then two pokemon.

I, O The Fool would like to be a Dark Gym leader, since I've always been fond of the type, and there are no Dark gyms yet. I would give out TM66 Payback. I dunno what my levels would be. Any suggestions?

TEAM

SHIFTRY
-Payback
-Leaf Tornado
-X-Scissor
-Torment

ZOROARK
-Snarl
-Shadow Ball
-Payback
-Flamethrower

ABSOL
-Payback
-Psycho Cut
-Slash
-Will-o-wisp

UMBREON
-Payback
-Return
-Dig
-Toxic
(C'mon, Umbreon doesn't exactly have the most impressive movepool in the world.)

Back