Whatever you do I can do better

sagema

3D Artist
Dec 5, 2006
NY
Wii Online Code
4496-9128-1304-3457
That pretty much sums up what may happen this year between Sony and Microsoft. The 360 is launching a 120gb hard drive, and later a Blue Ray player! Let me repeat that, the 360 may be getting a Blue Ray player. Not to be outdone Sony is now considering improvements of their own. Memory card slots for the PS3 would own. Thoughts?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_b...vert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

Last edited:
sagema said:
That pretty much sums up what may happen this year between Sony and Microsoft. The 360 is launching a 120gb hard drive, and later a Blue Ray player! Let me repeat that, the 360 may be getting a Blue Ray player. Not to be outdone Sony is now considering improvements of their own. Memory card slots for the PS3 would own. Thoughts?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_b...vert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

Microsofts announced larger hardrive is part of their plan on turning the xbox into a Tivo system. For those of you who dont know, Tivo automatically records your favorite shows, movies, news..ect even when you are not there. Its basically a way to watch a show if you are not there to see it.

What we do know with Sony's PS3 is that they were thinking of planning a shift in hardware and i dont think its just the hard drive. I was under the impression they plan on changing one of the systems so its price will go down, not up. However as we dont know the details, its pure speculation.

The thing concerning Microsoft and blue ray is shakey to say the least. It was announced by Moore that they would consider making an EXTERNAL blue ray drive for the xbox if the customers wanted it. Just because they consider it means in no way it will happen.
But heres the next interesting part, if they do make an external drive for it, its main focus would be on movie playback. You wont see many if not any games made for a system that requires its customers to purchase an external blueray disk drive. There for the only reason to purchase it would be for movies.

So its possible a new 80G PS3 is coming out huh? Whats that gonna cost people? I'm guessing 800 by the time they've put in all the new fance gadgets they can stuff into that ugly monstrosity. Anyways that 700-800 for the machine and then around the same amount for a decent HDTV. sony sure knows how to push a product. I don't understand how they think this is going to help the situation but w/e. Its their jobs on the line.

MasterJedi2U said:
So its possible a new 80G PS3 is coming out huh? Whats that gonna cost people? I'm guessing 800 by the time they've put in all the new fance gadgets they can stuff into that ugly monstrosity. Anyways that 700-800 for the machine and then around the same amount for a decent HDTV. sony sure knows how to push a product. I don't understand how they think this is going to help the situation but w/e. Its their jobs on the line.

Didnt look like you read the article. Sont most likely wont raise prices at all, rather its possible to have an upgraded system for the same price. They are working on having a lower priced system as well, but the system is still in its infancy, it will be timed accordingly. Good job at being biased by the way.

retro_joe said:
Funny how Microsoft was saying not long ago that having blueray was useless, seeing as they could "Make games just as stunning as a PS3's on a normal DVD"... lol

You weren't paying ANY attention. It's external. Used solely for movies. MOVIES. Not GAMES. Now stfu and gtfo.

And that's just like this, anyways. It's funny that Sony Rep's said that Rumble was unnecessary and last-gen, yet they're supposedly bringing it back.

Last edited:
VampiricLugia said:
And that's just like this, anyways. It's funny that Sony Rep's said that Rumble was unnecessary and last-gen, yet they're supposedly bringing it back.

No the real reason was that Immersion was filing lawsuits against Sony for their rumble technology. Microsoft and Nintendo payed off Immersion earlier after their problems, now its sonys turn. Notice how none of the companies went into the open to admit it. Its not uncommon for a business to want and downplay the legal problems they face. They couldnt get rumble in intime for launch, thats it. Dont forget Sony's dualshock controller has won numerous awards for its design, it would seem strange for sony to let that go.

no you cant!

*AND YES! YOU ROCK NIC7!!! i didnt think anyone would reply with the right response*

They didn't pay immersion or whoever, and when they were confronted about the lack of rumble they came up with the excuse saying rumble is "last gen"

Sonys excuses :wtf:

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
They didn't pay immersion or whoever, and when they were confronted about the lack of rumble they came up with the excuse saying rumble is "last gen"

Sonys excuses :wtf:

way to go jeff. Do you even do your research before posting crap? Sony was downplaying the fact they were dealing with some legal issues with Immersion (you didnt even know who they were), they planned rumble all along but could not use it till the legal work was done. Unfortunately for sony, this happened at a bad time. Like i said, every company from nintendo to microsoft has downplayed and hid the fact of their legal battles. Everyone one of them has gone through a ton already, chances are you dont even know about even half of them.

Yes phil did say rumble wouldnt ship for the standard controller, at the same time legally he couldnt say that immersion was taking them to court. Its not excuses as so much as hiding the reason they cant talk about it nor make promises it would be there. The producer of God of War said they had planned for a long time to have the rumble feature in their 3rd installment as well and nothing has changed.

VampiricLugia said:
You weren't paying ANY attention. It's external. Used solely for movies. MOVIES. Not GAMES. Now stfu and gtfo.

i'm still here ^^

Still, MS said that there was no point in using Blue ray, but they jumped on the band-wangon, regardless if they're using it for movies or games, they contradicted themselves. :thumbsup:

Shiftfallout said:
way to go jeff. Do you even do your research before posting crap? Sony was downplaying the fact they were dealing with some legal issues with Immersion (you didnt even know who they were), they planned rumble all along but could not use it till the legal work was done. Unfortunately for sony, this happened at a bad time. Like i said, every company from nintendo to microsoft has downplayed and hid the fact of their legal battles. Everyone one of them has gone through a ton already, chances are you dont even know about even half of them.

Yes phil did say rumble wouldnt ship for the standard controller, at the same time legally he couldnt say that immersion was taking them to court. Its not excuses as so much as hiding the reason they cant talk about it nor make promises it would be there. The producer of God of War said they had planned for a long time to have the rumble feature in their 3rd installment as well and nothing has changed.

way to go ******

I don't need a lecture from you about your godly Sony

i was talking about how Sony covers up their downfalls with excuses

They didn't pay the money cause who knows why

Then they go off saying its last gen

Just like when the PS3s werent selling, then, they say its a GOOD thing!

I'm done with your stupid smart*** ****

If Sony siad **** tastes nice, you'd go and eat it. :crazy:

Back