What's Nintendo planning with Luigi?

VidyaVince

vidya gaems
Mar 2, 2008
Miami, FL
Wii Online Code
8294-6630-1949-8016
I've begun to wonder where Nintendo is taking Luigi. He's becoming rather enigmatic.

In Super Paper Mario, he's one of the "key ingredients" for the final boss. In Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time, Luigi alone could not enter a star door because "there was darkness in his heart".

And even recently in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, his Final Smash is, according to his character trophy, "A reflection of the darkness he embraced in his brother's shadow". Also in Brawl, a secret taunt by Snake about Luigi causes the Colonel to go mad.

Nintendo has been building up on this "Dark Luigi" aspect for quite some time now. Examples go so far back to the original Paper Mario, where Luigi eats a snack intended for Mario. So I've just got to wonder where they're taking Mario's beloved brother.

Thoughts?

I'd like to see Luigi go insane from jealousy over Mario and be a new villain.
:lol:

I think what you mentioned there could make for a Luigi Mansion sequel. I knew about each of those things, but its nice seeing them all put together, it really makes you think that he deserves to have his own game again.

Hopefully we something soon, and hopefully its real good.

Something needs to be done about Luigi, soon. He needs another game

Hes like Mario's permanent assist trophy. I didnt mind when he was the anonymous, 'quiet' brother. If they create a proper character for him its probably going to be difficult.
However going by Luigi's Mansion, I'm sure its going to be dark.
Perhaps there is some dark jealousy over the fact that Luigi never got his own Princess Peach?

The most I could see happening is a sequel to Luigi's Mansion (GameCube - 2001). We'll see what E3 shows us this year for Nintendo.

[RANDOM]What do Nintendo plan to do with luigi? They plan to torture him until he reveals where Mario's secret stash of are, Nintendo are losing sales because this! :lol:[/RANDOM]

maybe luigi could join forces with sinister gates...that would be the best duo ever

In the next Smash They should make Luigi controlling all of the Nintendo villains and go crazy and go all Tetsuo like. Errr... Just my active imagination.

Back