Which Controlers will you be using for Brawl?

Shoko

The Shoke
Mar 30, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Wii Online Code
5295-8320-2788-9441
Classic GameCube or Wiimote & Nunchuck? I'll be using the GameCube controller. (Please dont start any arguements or flamming, i want this thread to be nice and simple)

Nintendo still hasnt confirmed that we WILL have a choice yet. Although it is very likely...

I will definetly be playing with the wii remote/nunchuk. For many reasons:
1. It will offer more of a challenge, extending the lifespan of the game.
2. I have 4 wii remotes/chuks, but only 2 cube controllers.
3. Simply because I like the wii remote better.

I am still crossing my fingers that ninty will make a 'cube controller online' and a seperate 'wii-remote online' because we all know that cube controller vs wii-remote wont be fair. Also because I dont want to waste my time looking for hours for someone else playing with the wii-remote to brawl with.

yea, it wouldnt be fair. but maybe nintendo might even out the wiimote with the cube and classic controller. that way it dosent matter which controller ur oppenent is using

Classic Controller. I also have a Wavebird, but I guess I have to try both to be sure.

Shoko said:
yea, it wouldnt be fair. but maybe nintendo might even out the wiimote with the cube and classic controller. that way it dosent matter which controller ur oppenent is using
:shocked: I REALLY hope that doesnt happen.

I also really doubt nintendo would be dumb enough to NOT make it compatable with the wii remote. Its a wii game, regardless of what controller the majority is going to use, they WILL make it compatable with the system controller. Why wouldnt they? Theres a chance of making an extra buck, seeing as wii remotes cost a pretty penny more than cube ones.

Im betting theyll make it compatable. Whether they use motion sensetivity (they already announced they werent) is still up in the air, imo, after seeing the 'c-stick' debate.

If the controls are really similar to Melee I'll use the GC Controller... if it's completely different... might aswell try out the Wii Remote

I'll probably have a go at using the remote first. If I feel like I'm not getting anywhere with it after a few days I'll go back to using the GC pads.

Shaker.

(to levesqueisking)no, i didnt say theyd replace the wiimote with the gamecube, i said they would make the controls on both controllers even so using the gamecube one would be just as good as using the wiimote

GC controller. The classic controller lacks the feel of the cube controller, as it has no rumble feature. Also, the cube controller has been the most comfortable and easy to use controller I've ever used, if you don't count the wiimote (Easy to control, as you rarely need to know controls). I don't like the sound of the rumour which has been going around, that the wiimote will give additional skills. Now that would be unfair!

The only thing I am worried about with the wii-remote is the placement of the c and z buttons, and the size of the c button.
1. Does anybody else think that it is VERY hard to use both the c and z buttons in unison. If you are using just one of them, its fine. But when I am using both of them I find it hard to position my hand so that I can easily switch from one to the other. I feel like I need to reposition my hand every time I switch.
2. Why make the c button a circle? What is the purpose? Why not make it the exact same size and shape of the z button and call them l and r (or keep them the same name, I dont care). This also frustrates me when I am trying to correspond the two controls.

EDIT: Shoko: Okay, my mistake.

EDIT: JT: I havent heard that rumor, can you tell me about it or send me a link to the thread?

Classic Controller... as I mentioned elsewhere it has "The Pointless Button Of Doom" in the top middle.

But more importantly my GC controller leads aren’t long enough for me to sit on the sofa!

i didnt know classic didnt have rumble. well actually guys, the classic may be the best cause if u dont have a wireless cube controller, u might knock your wii over because of all the excitement, i mean, its Brawl. but the classic is wireless so it might be the best choice (celestial, u still havent added me yetl)

Back