who here is mad at.....

tampa2012

SSBB with the blue blur..
Dec 28, 2007
Smashville
Wii Online Code
8980-5679-2090-4980
who here doesnt like people who say video games are stupid,imature, and the reason for violence in the 21st century,sure some games are violent such as gta,scarface,gears of war,halo, and god of war.but really i believe most people are just naturally violent,or were raised around violence,but come on the goverment is just tryin to find another target and video games are is an one target,but really just answer the question.

I think it's the media in general. If you're going to blame someone for violence, blame the news. They report 80% tragedy and thus, humans don't know any better. Video games do (and apparently have been proven) to cause violent thoughts, but violent actions produce violent thoughts, what can I say? 1000's don't go out after playing GTA or Scarface and Curb stomp someone, steal a car... or commit any felonies for that matter. A lot use video games as release.

In short, I don't hate the haters, I pity their ignorance.

I get mad when they say that but WOW u sounded really mad when u wrote this.

i dont think its video games affecting my behavior
you dont see me walking around in red overalls jumping on turtles.....

The idea that video games cause people to have violent thoughts is completely ridiculous. Its just a bunch of people who refuse to admit the fact that they are failures as parents, so they blame their child's aggression on the video games that they play.

Maybe if they had more people staying together, they wouldn't have as many kids who show more aggression.

MirakTheLa said:
The idea that video games cause people to have violent thoughts is completely ridiculous. Its just a bunch of people who refuse to admit the fact that they are failures as parents, so they blame their child's aggression on the video games that they play.
Yes and no. Studies have gathered results that impulse activity raises when playing something violent compared to something placid and boring in some part of your brain that harbors aggression. To me though, that doesn't mean crap because there's no way they've tested this theory on a wide variety of patients and games.

If playing a game gives you an impulse to also do something violent then its just that person. Has to do with your mentality, not the actual game. I blame more of the violence on TV. But then again, people have their right to the 1st amendment and should be able to say whatever they want, which involves movies/music/games. What kind of country would we be if the government stopped people from doing something that did not directly harm people.

Bull. The violence in movies,TV, and games causes us to be less responsive to other violent actions we might see in movies, TV, and games. But if we still violence happening in real life, we'd respond the same way we would have our entire life.

Its in the mind, not the video game.

Scientist studies haven't proven anything.

i think it's video games but thats only because the parents let their children play the games and such, also the war in iraq didn't help much with it either

...You blame the violence in kids in America on the War in Iraq?

I don't think I even need to explain how dumb that is.

d_k said:
i dont think its video games affecting my behavior
you dont see me walking around in red overalls jumping on turtles.....

i was just doing that a couple of minutes ago

but in most mario games(excluding super mario bros 2) he wears blue overalls

In Scarface, GTA or those other violent games. When you blow someones head off or drop kick someone in mortal kombat. People should blame violence on video games. Video games don't think for you, don't feel for you.
Its that persons act that leads to violence. Violence in video games is a great stress reliver. some people don't see that. Imagin someone got home from work very stressed out and starts to play a exetremely violent shooter game and when he or she is done they said "ahh my stress is gone".
I don't have to many violent games but when ever i'm stressed I pop in MK, Scarface or House of the dead 2. So Some people blame the games for violents like they blamed Marliyn Manson for the columbine shooting.

So some people should think before they start playing the blame game which i think is the most popular game we have is the blame game.

Last edited:
mushroomedmario said:
i was just doing that a couple of minutes ago

but in most mario games(excluding super mario bros 2) he wears blue overalls

Even on Mario Bros. 2 with the cover art showing him wearing red overalls, he still wore blue overalls in the game.

261311 said:
I think it's the media in general. If you're going to blame someone for violence, blame the news. They report 80% tragedy and thus, humans don't know any better. Video games do (and apparently have been proven) to cause violent thoughts, but violent actions produce violent thoughts, what can I say? 1000's don't go out after playing GTA or Scarface and Curb stomp someone, steal a car... or commit any felonies for that matter. A lot use video games as release.

In short, I don't hate the haters, I pity their ignorance.

Ohh...I"m sorry I looked up the word...

I agree with you. Now I gotta get that hedious image outta my mind...

Movies and Tv probably have done more to desensitize people than video games have. Its all just part of societys moral decline and it can't be blamed on one source alone.

If somebody is crazy enough to commit murder though then chances are they would do it regardless of whether they played a game or not.

Back