Why am I the host?

Koopa007

Mushroom Kingdom
Oct 29, 2011
Belgium
Wii Online Code
0007-0007-0007-0007
I was wondering if someone could answer the following question.
When a friend invites me for a party. And this friend is the team leader.
How is it that 8/10 i end up as the game host?
Has it something to do with the fact that i've got a wired connection?

It's infuriating, considering that it always ends up giving me serious lag.
It's come to the point that i've accepted that if i want to play with friends, that i've got to play with lag. That and it makes me look like a dope.

Last edited:
I'll bet it's because of the wired connection. If going wired makes it a consistently faster connection than a wireless setup, I'll bet the game almost always picks your system as the host. Can you try it wireless? That might be a way to troubleshoot the issue.

Last edited:
I used to use a wireless connection, but it made me constantly lose my connection. Like every 30 min or so i got kicked from the game. It's a pretty old router i used. Now i could go and buy a new router. But truth be told i prefer using a wired connection for my computer and wii.

More than likely it is because you have the fastest internet speed, the difference between wired and wireless is negligible unless you have a really crappy router. I believe it also has to do with geography. for instance if you have 1 friend to the east of you and one friend to the west of you, then you are the shortest distance between both points, hence the game will run smoothest with people uploading and downloading through you.

I acutally find that when youre host, other people have "lag compensation" slightly, making you harder to target....so its almost kindof an advantage...unless you have crappy internet...

You are the host because:
1) Your internet connection speed is optimum for the game.
2) You are lucky.
3) You have not host quitted in your last 10 matches and earned the respect of your fellow players, therefore being "awarded" the eminient position of "supreme grand overlord of hosts."

Congrats!

Back