Why does DS have better online.

yungblood6

Get Money Dummy
Sep 22, 2007
Kansas City
Wii Online Code
5134-2285-1457-3930
I can't help but to feel cheated when a hand held console has better online functionality than its console counterpart. The DS has 7 online titles that i know about(most likely more) better friend functionality, and a head set. How many does the wii have? 3 that are out and two that are coming out, almost 3 months apart. The friend code thing is a joke, and there is no talk of or plans for a headset in the future.

I know I know just be patient right, wrong!!! If they can implement these features for there hand held console than by golly it should have been already put in there home console. Im happy that they are trying to bring everyone to gaming but you can't forget about your core base. Part of the next gen experience is online play. Thats nice to have friends over but i don't want to play with the same group of friends every time i play games. i want to test my skills across the world.

BWII is a joke how do you play a coop strategy game with no form of communication? Yes Medal of Honor 2 is coming out thats nice but i have to wait two months till mario kart comes out for another online game? thats insane. F Wii Sport, F wii play, F wario ware, by golly Realy F wii fitness(all could have made great online games as well). Give me a Zelda coop game, a Metroid online shooter, a damn mega man online would be tight too. But no you want to bring me a f en rail shooters, with a stupid case for my wii mote.
Rail shooters have been done already Mr. Inovaters.

Instead you give me a News and weather channel WTF i don't turn on a game system to read the news of find out the weather, what the hell does that have to do with gaming? The vote thing was alright but again has nothing to do with gaming. NINTENDO GET YA ONLINE GAME UP you have had too long to get it right esp when your hand held does it better.

yungblood6 said:
I can't help but to feel cheated when a hand held console has better online functionality than its console counterpart. The DS has 7 online titles that i know about(most likely more) better friend functionality, and a head set. How many does the wii have? 3 that are out and two that are coming out, almost 3 months apart. The friend code thing is a joke, and there is no talk of or plans for a headset in the future.

I know I know just be patient right, wrong!!! If they can implement these features for there hand held console than by golly it should have been already put in there home console. Im happy that they are trying to bring everyone to gaming but you can't forget about your core base. Part of the next gen experience is online play. Thats nice to have friends over but i don't want to play with the same group of friends every time i play games. i want to test my skills across the world.

BWII is a joke how do you play a coop strategy game with no form of communication? Yes Medal of Honor 2 is coming out thats nice but i have to wait two months till mario kart comes out for another online game? thats insane. F Wii Sport, F wii play, F wario ware, by golly Realy F wii fitness(all could have made great online games as well). Give me a Zelda coop game, a Metroid online shooter, a damn mega man online would be tight too. But no you want to bring me a f en rail shooters, with a stupid case for my wii mote.
Rail shooters have been done already Mr. Inovaters.

Instead you give me a News and weather channel WTF i don't turn on a game system to read the news of find out the weather, what the hell does that have to do with gaming? The vote thing was alright but again has nothing to do with gaming. NINTENDO GET YA ONLINE GAME UP you have had too long to get it right esp when your hand held does it better.

Remember, Wii hasnt been out for as long as the DS, and also it is far more complicated than the DS. A far higher level of information is sent and recieved.

Well Wii's online can and will do way beyond what the DS can.

And throw another online game in the mix, Ghost Squad is.
Along with Nights.

Dude to remind you the wii is less than a year old. It got online extremly fast compared to the ds. I think the first games on the ds that where oline where mario kart and animal crossing and they came at around a year after it came out

FRuMMaGe said:
Remember, Wii hasnt been out for as long as the DS, and also it is far more complicated than the DS. A far higher level of information is sent and recieved.
Yet Sony seems to be handling the "level of information being sent and recieved" pretty well. Or at least better than Nintendo.

I don't feel like that and i cant simpathize with them on it. its something that they lacked last generation and it killed there console, and to not have implemented it better this time around is kinda a joke. It has been a year and a half and what they have to show is kinda gay. why should grown gamers have to suffer with the friend code bs the friend code thing should have been something used in parental controls. Its not like the wii is packing a whole lot of power it should be able to implement better online support. Ps2 online is better than the Wii online. thats a bad thing. Its not that hard to give headset support. it should have been there in the first place. I don't know any thing that you play online with and don't chat. PSP has better online than the wii. You know why because its something that nintendo doesn't really care about because hey core gamers don't matter to them any more. Lets just give them a mario, and smash bros game they'll be alright. Thats just how i feel about it. They don't even talk about a headset yet alone improving or expanding there retarded friend code system. All you hear about is wii Fitness and all the stupid controller holsters.

Last edited:
yungblood6 Thank-You!! Seriously you just said everything i was about too. Seriously the online on the Wii is a joke. They could make it so much better. XBOX 360 and PS3 were online first thing.

Also on the core gamer thing. That's what i've been saying. Mario, smash bro's and metroid just ain't gonna cut it for core gamers.

bubba-ga-nush said:
yungblood6 Thank-You!! Seriously you just said everything i was about too. Seriously the online on the Wii is a joke. They could make it so much better. XBOX 360 and PS3 were online first thing.

Also on the core gamer thing. That's what i've been saying. Mario, smash bro's and metroid just ain't gonna cut it for core gamers.
On a more serious not im just tired of the whole casual gamer **** period across gaming in general. We the HARDCORE have brought gaming to what it is today, not the casual gamer. But yet we are being weeded out slowly bit by bit. Just look at the games of today they get simpler and simpler every day. when was the last time you had a hard time playing a game (other than online).

I mean i remember when i used to play games and i would get pissed because i would die, but it made me enjoy the game that much better. Now game over is like a rare occasion in gaming. Take metroid prime for example i jump of a cliff like 2o or 30 times before it says game over wtf is that. i remember you had a certain amount of lives and when you ran out or didn't get any more it was over. I remember when shooters you get shot your energy didn't regenerate, you had to try to survive on what you had left. that made the game that much more entertaining. Now your health regenerates on all those shooter games even the military ones. This is not just nintendo but gaming period F**k the casual gamer. Now every thing is geared towards them, and we are just a fading memory.

I could really give a rats ass if my mom or dad want to play a game. To me if they waited this long to play a damn game they don't deserve it. I been trying to get them to play since i was a kid, but it was like no im too old for that. For the old folks in the homes i can understand but f every one else. We the hardcore have been trying for years to get you to sit down an play games but we were thought of as the outcasts. But now that we have surpassed the other entertainment markets every one wants to game now F**K that.
CASUAL GAMERS ARE A DISEASE TO GAMING PERIOD!!!!

Last edited:
I feel your pain Yung blood Nintendo ****ing killed GCN almost by a hair line it got its ass saved. out of all the 3,000-4,000 games it had guess how many 1!!? WTF they really need to get it down because my friend gave me his xbox 1 and im having tons of fun with it. Heck im even about to set up Xbox live silver. I can borrow my friends games because he has 360 and regular so im better off.

Im gonna be crossing my fingers when headset support eventually (hopefully) comes out. Nintendo is probably gonna screw it up somehow. I don't know how but there probably gonna do something stupid like chat with friends only because that would ruin there whole "friend code" thing, right?

JAKE196 said:
it's been out longer and online for portable games is easier to support, less information going back and forth.

duh.
So i guess what you are saying is nintendo is stupid then? So you are telling me the 3 years(most likely more) that the gamecube suffered from the lack of online, that we still have to wait for better online support in there future console. WOW, The damn Dream cast had better online then nintendo, then the ps2 had it, and wow hold up the xbox. Then this generation both the other systems have more info to process than nintendos console so why is it that they can still offer a better online service than Nintendo? This is one of the failings of the wii it should have been the next priority after the controlls but hey they want to make accessories instead.

yungblood6 said:
On a more serious not im just tired of the whole casual gamer **** period across gaming in general. We the HARDCORE have brought gaming to what it is today, not the casual gamer. But yet we are being weeded out slowly bit by bit. Just look at the games of today they get simpler and simpler every day. when was the last time you had a hard time playing a game (other than online).

I mean i remember when i used to play games and i would get pissed because i would die, but it made me enjoy the game that much better. Now game over is like a rare occasion in gaming. Take metroid prime for example i jump of a cliff like 2o or 30 times before it says game over wtf is that. i remember you had a certain amount of lives and when you ran out or didn't get any more it was over. I remember when shooters you get shot your energy didn't regenerate, you had to try to survive on what you had left. that made the game that much more entertaining. Now your health regenerates on all those shooter games even the military ones. This is not just nintendo but gaming period F**k the casual gamer. Now every thing is geared towards them, and we are just a fading memory.

I could really give a rats ass if my mom or dad want to play a game. To me if they waited this long to play a damn game they don't deserve it. I been trying to get them to play since i was a kid, but it was like no im too old for that. For the old folks in the homes i can understand but f every one else. We the hardcore have been trying for years to get you to sit down an play games but we were thought of as the outcasts. But now that we have surpassed the other entertainment markets every one wants to game now F**K that.
CASUAL GAMERS ARE A DISEASE TO GAMING PERIOD!!!!
Send this exact post and your one before this to Nintendo. It might remind them that core gamers still exsist and they should maybe acknowledge them.
I agree with what you said before. Friend codes should be optional, something in parental controls or something. Us Nintendo guys who have been waiting for a decent online system finally get it and then have to deal with the friend codes. That is complete bull s**t.

yungblood6 said:
So i guess what you are saying is nintendo is stupid then? So you are telling me the 3 years(most likely more) that the gamecube suffered from the lack of online, that we still have to wait for better online support in there future console. WOW, The damn Dream cast had better online then nintendo, then the ps2 had it, and wow hold up the xbox. Then this generation both the other systems have more info to process than nintendos console so why is it that they can still offer a better online service than Nintendo? This is one of the failings of the wii it should have been the next priority after the controlls but hey they want to make accessories instead.
I didn't say they weren't slow.

just answered the question.

Casual turns into Hardcore.
Hence Nintendo's approach to bring in the casual gamers.
Practice makes perfect.

Trust me, Nintendo has big things planned :lol:

And "Hardcore" is dumb, stop saying it.
Does it make you feel tough or something?

Back