Why does my Wii have to act like this!

WiiGirl2006

Butterfly Kisses
Jan 27, 2007
Exeter PA
Wii Online Code
8674-6414-6050-2160
Alright I am not the type to get mad about little things but this is irrating me. I got my Wii back from repairs, about a month or so ago, and now its acting up again!!!! It doesn't do it all the time, but pretty frequent. I will be playing a game or just goofing around on the wii and it will freeze!! I can't do anything but unplug the entire thing so it can reset. It did it like four times yesterday and once today. I am getting a little pissed about the whole thing. I mean is every Wii I get going to have some kind of problem? Or did Nintendo send me a referbished one? I love the Wii and take very good care of it, but why does something keep happening? Itss like I am afraid to play games now because something else might go wrong! I am sorry but wtf?!!? I am impressed with the Wii and all but not the working end of it. I don't know what to do and I don't want to have to send it back again!!! That was like three weeks without the Wii. School is out and I want to finish my Zelda game, since I lost 70 hours of it from the first time my wii broke, before College starts back up in September. Now what? If anyone has any suggestions please reply back, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
~Ashley

I think the best option is to call Nintendo, state that you sent your wii to them previously about freezing problems, you recieved your wii back and it's freezing again. They should understand and will probably replace your wii with a new one, or just refurbish it again.
Lee.J

See the thing is that I didn't send it back to Nintendo the first time for freezing, I sent it back because the saved files got corrupted. So its just irrating me even more how not only one thing has happened to my Wii but two things have happened to it. What does that tell me? That Nintendo didn't produce a very well peice of hardware? Or is it that fate just loves screwing me over. I'm not having a good week. I never had any problems with the other systems they came out with, ever.

Nintendo does produce good hardware, I think it's just you. But still, call them and they will understand :)
Lee.J

That sucks im so glad ive never had any problems with my wii. You probally got a faulty one, my advice DEMAND for a new one.

Hmm strange, I would like to add...instead of making a new thread. Does anybody have problems with the Wii and Gamecube games? Mine console makes skipping and glitching noises while spinning. I was pretty sure it was just becuase the disk drive can handle regular and mini disks. But who knows.

I would call Nintendo and request for a new one. After explaining your situation.

ciper said:
WiiGirl2006: Maybe you need a surge suppressor or UPS. It could be the power in your house causing it to freeze.

It could be the power adapter too.

Thanks for all the comments, I've tried a couple things and it seems to be working fine. No freezing....yet, but I will remain optimistic about the situation. Thanks again you guys, and girls, are such a help!
~Ashley

WiiGirl2006 said:
Thanks for all the comments, I've tried a couple things and it seems to be working fine. No freezing....yet, but I will remain optimistic about the situation. Thanks again you guys, and girls, are such a help!
~Ashley
if it still happens i say sell it on ebay then buy a new one.if its a first gen of wii there will probably be more problems :sick:

Back